Applications Invited for Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering 2021
Organization: Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering
Event Duration: 29 Jun. 2020 - 17 Jul. 2020
Apply By: 17 Jul 2020
Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering
Diverse, multifaceted, and continually evolving, engineering creates the solutions to global challenges and improves billions of lives. Engineers have enabled us to work together across the planet, explore the smallest cells and the most distant stars, and navigate our way through the world. Awarded every two years, the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering (QEPrize) champions bold, groundbreaking engineering innovation which is of global benefit to humanity.
The £1 million prize celebrates engineering’s visionaries, inspiring young minds to consider engineering as a career choice and to help to solve the challenges of the future. The prize also encourages engineers to help extend the boundaries of what is possible across all disciplines and applications.
Entry to the Prize is open to:
- any living individual (or not more than five living individuals working as a team);
- of any nationality;
- who is personally responsible for a ground-breaking innovation in engineering which has been of global benefit to humanity. Self-nomination is not permitted.
- The Trustees reserve the right to reject any nomination where, in their reasonable opinion, there is or is likely to be a conflict of interest between the nominees, nominators or any referees and any other nomination or the Prize more generally.
The winners will be awarded:
- a total cash prize of £1 million (one million GBP); and
- appropriate memorabilia to be decided by the Trustees in their sole discretion (the “Prize”). In the event that the Prize is received by more than one individual (but not more than five individuals, as above) collaborating under a single nomination, the Prize money will be shared between the winners as determined by the Trustees in their sole discretion on the advice of the Judging Panel.
The judges will use these criteria to select the winner, or winners, of the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering:
- What is it that this person has done (or up to five people have done) that is a ground-breaking innovation in engineering?
- In what way has this innovation been of global benefit to humanity?
- Is there anyone else who might claim to have had a pivotal role in this development?
Please read the Prize Rules & Conditions before starting your nomination.
- Nominations will be managed online.
- Nominees will receive an email informing them of the nomination.
- Referees will be invited to support the nomination, entering their references on the website.
- Completed, eligible nominations will go forward to the judges.
- Does the innovation have global impact?
- Can you identify up to 5 engineers responsible?
- Do you have enough information to write a case for nomination?
- Are you able to identify at least 2 people who are familiar enough with the innovation to act as referees?
If you need help or have questions about making a nomination, please email email@example.com.
Deadline: 17 July 2020
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd