Applications Invited for Training Program on Nutrition Goals in Village level Planning and Monitoring
Organization: National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR)
Event Duration: 14 Sep. 2020 - 18 Sep. 2020
Apply By: 10 Sep 2020
Training Program on Nutrition Goals in Village level Planning and Monitoring
About the Organization:
National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR) is a premier Institute of national and international repute in terms of capacity-building and research in the realm of Rural Development and related aspects.
In 2015, the UN Sustainable Development Goals enshrined the objective of ending all forms of malnutrition. This was a call for all nations to think and act differently on malnutrition; focus on all of its faces and work to end it for all people by 2030. Recently published studies in India and abroad have drawn attention to the country’s poor ranking, in respect of malnutrition among children below the age of five years, despite the country’s impressive economic growth since the 1990s.
Therefore, interventions seeking to provide preventive health care in rural India needs to respond to these differences, by developing appropriate strategies addressing both women and men, and young boys and girls and targeting them appropriately. Though, over the years, the Government has accorded the highest priority to combat malnutrition among its people, however, there is a lack of multi-sectoral coordination which is most essential to address the inter-generational and multifaceted nature of malnutrition.
In view of the above, NIRD&PR proposes to organize a national training programme on strategies for incorporating nutrition-goals in village level planning with the following objectives:
- Stakeholders will be able to state the linkages of gender perspective of health, nutrition, and development.
- Participants will identify gender-sensitive approaches and strategies towards nutritional development of the community.
- Participants will be able to create nutrition sensitive and nutrition specific village plans.
Contents of the programme
- Gender Concepts and gender analysis of health care and nutrition in rural India
- Best strategies/interventions of improving and promoting nutrition among women and children
- Gender stereotypes influencing health and nutrition behavior in rural areas
- Creation of village plans with nutrition-sensitive and nutrition-specific strategies.
Senior and middle level officials from the following departments -
- ICDS officers/BDOs
- NRLM Food and Nutrition Anchors,
- District and Block Panchayat Secretaries
- SIRD/ETC Faculty
- Grass roots NGOs working for nutrition
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd