Applications Invited for UN-Habitat/LaCoMoFa Youth Photography Competition 2021
Event Duration: 17 Feb. 2021 - 31 Mar. 2021
Apply By: 31 Mar 2021
About the Organization:
United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996. The twin goals of the Habitat Agenda are adequate shelter for all and the development of sustainable human settlements in an urbanizing world.
UN-Habitat/LaCoMoFa Youth Photography Competition 2021
UN-Habitat and the Laboratory of Architecture and Environmental Design (LaCoMoFa) of Biskra University invite young photographers and students from all over the world to submit images documenting their communities’ contributions to improving the quality of life in cities and highlighting the connections between urban and rural areas and the links between cities and their regions.
They invite photographers across the globe to engage creatively with the topic “valuing our communities, cities and regions” and to submit their photographs.
Instruction to participants:
- Based on the World Cities Day 2020 Key Messages on Valuing our Communities and Cities, the photo competition has five thematic categories open for photos submissions.
- Participants can enter in one of the five thematic areas. Some examples for potential subjects that exemplify the thematic category are provided below (see Annex).
- Participants are allowed five entries (maximum five photos are expected per submission, therefore up to 5 photos if submitting five entries).
- Share with us the story behind your photo. Submitted photos should be accompanied with a caption of no more than 100 words (English, French or Spanish).
- Specify the thematic entry and state the location and date of where and when the photograph was taken.
- Participants from all over the world are encouraged.
- Images should be submitted in JPEG or TIFF in high resolution (900 px wide, 72 dpi).
- Participant will receive an email confirming reception.
How to Participate?
- Send a high-resolution photo (s) and the story behind it to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org together with your full name and contact information. Use the email subject line “Valuing our communities photo competition”
- You can also submit your photos by filling out the Photo Contest Entry Form.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd