Applications Invited for Letten Prize 2023
Organization: Letten Prize
Apply By: 06 Feb 2023
Grant Amount: 235000 USD
About the Organization
The Letten Prize is a collaboration between the Letten Foundation and The Young Academy of Norway. The prize of 2,5 mill NOK will be awarded every other year. The first prize was awarded in 2018.
The purpose of the prize ‘is to recognize younger researchers’ contributions in the fields of health, development, environment and equality in all aspects of human life’. Furthermore, ‘the prize aims to raise public awareness of how research can be used to solve global human development challenges’.
About the Grant
The purpose of the prize ‘is to recognize younger researchers’ contributions in the fields of health, development, environment and equality in all aspects of human life’. Furthermore, ‘the prize aims to raise public awareness of how research can be used to solve global human development challenges’. The Letten Seminar, hosted in connection with the prize ceremony, is particularly dedicated to the latter.
The Letten Prize is awarded every other year to one young researcher who:
- conducts research aimed at addressing global challenges within the fields of health, development, environment and equality in all aspects of human life
- has conducted excellent research of great societal relevance
- is under 45 years old the year when the prize is awarded. That means that you must be under the age of 45 in 2023.
In addition, it is desirable that the researcher:
- has conducted research which has impact across national borders
- engage in/with interdisciplinary research
- is a good disseminator
Researchers within all disciplines are encouraged apply for the prize.
The winner is awarded 2,5 million NOK (ca. 240 000 EUR/235 000 USD) of which ¼ is for personal use and ¾ is to be used for research activities.
The Letten Prize Committee will value candidates’ future research potential. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
The Letten Prize will be awarded in Oslo on September 7, 2023. The candidate’s travel costs will be covered.
How to Apply
The winner is obliged to:
- provide a written report on research activities the award has enabled
- give the “Letten Lecture” presenting the results of the research during an event in connection with the 2025 Letten Prize award.
Applications which are incomplete, have arrived after the deadline or that do not comply with the criteria will not be considered.
Deadline for applying: February 6th, 2023.
The winner will be notified by phone and email. The information is confidential until the Letten Prize announcement, April 2023.
Applicants are to combine all documents into a single PDF document. Send the application to email@example.com.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd