Subscribe our Weekly Newsletter
RFP - Consultancy service for organizing ‘Water for All, All for Water’ Art & Music Festival
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Apply By: 20 Feb 2023
About the Organization
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is one of Germany's largest private aid agencies. In South Asia, over the past 55 years, WHH has supported over 1500 rural development projects through local partner organizations contributing towards combating poverty, hunger, and malnutrition. Our approach is to work as partners and support local organizations in improving living conditions of vulnerable people in a sustainable way.
About the Proposal
This RFP is for a Viva con Agua and Welthungerhilfe co-funded project which aims at Water, sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) related behaviour change in children and vulnerable communities through joyful universal language of art, music & sports approach we are running different Programmes in Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar regions. Currently, in rural & remote tribal areas we are running weekly Football4WASH sessions in schools where using football as an instrument, children are being made aware of the importance of safe water, sanitation, and hygiene practices. Similarly, we have other programmes like ART4WASH & Music4WASH to encourage vulnerable communities for sustainable WASH behaviour for their health and livelihood as well as to help India meet its 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Under the project, we are organizing an Art and music festival in the first half of April’23 to bring focus on WASH related problems in India and to find out sustainable solutions. The festival is conceptualized as an Indian Mela (fair) where multiple things would be taking place simultaneously from thought provoking talks to music and dance performances by both folk and modern artistes/musicians, wall/mural paintings, quizzes, comedy, poetry reciting, storytelling, Kathputli dance and street plays performances. The main objective is creating awareness among the people through fun and joy and motivatin them be a part of our Water for All, All for Water Movement.
Through this ToR, Welthungerhilfe seeks an event management agency who has a prior experience of organizing events for the non-for-profit sector and is aware of the challenges and constraints they face. We wish to organize a small-scale, vibrant, and cheerful but thought- provoking two-day festival, most probably in Varanasi or Bhopal, where all kind upcoming, local, folk, national as well as international artist/es could perform seamlessly on the overarching theme of water. A more specific theme like ‘Hamara Desh, Hamari Nadiyan’ (Our Country, Our Rivers); or something related to the relation between rivers and women etc.
Welthungerhilfe hereby seeks to contract an Event Management agency to organize a small-scale, vibrant, and cheerful but thought- provoking art & music festival either in Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh) or Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) with upcoming, local, folk, national as well as international artist/es on the overarching theme of water in the first half of April’23 to bring focus on WASH related problems in India and the ways to find sustainable solutions.
Scope of work: (For every activity, it is necessary to keep in mind that it is an event of a non-profit agency, so everything needs to cost-effective; thus, the agency needs to be quite creative and innovative in its entire approach)
- The agency and the project team will jointly create and finalize the specific theme of the two-day Water Festival
- The agency along with the project team will work on identifying, connecting, pitching, and bringing the artists/es on-board (The project area is in the Bundelkhand region thus it would be preferable if the agency have connections in Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, and Rajasthan regions)
- The agency will handle all the coordination and logistics related to the festival.
- The agency will arrange all the equipment & instruments required during the festival.
- The agency will develop high-quality posters, banners, and other creative IEC materials and merchandise for the festival.
- The agency will ensure smooth functioning of the entire fair.
- The agency will create a marketing plan to get a good crowd for the fair through cost-effective, online & offline methods & use of local & national journalist network
- During the event the agency will generate high-quality video and photo contents for Social Media posts, coffee table books
- The agency will create a strategy to generate a strong database through the entire exercise
- The agency will create a strong strategy to engage with the audience and artists/es post event to create a forum or platform for ‘Water4All, All4Water Movement’ and create long-term Social Change Ambassadors out of them
- A theme for the festival
- Getting artists/es, speakers, and performers for the festival
- Arranging all the logistics, equipment at the venue
- Coordination with the artists/es and performers
- Designing all the banners, posters, other IEC materials & merchandises for the festival
- Organizing the two-day festival smoothly
- Creating & executing cost-effective online & offline marketing plan for the event
- Getting good local & national crowd to the fair
- High quality photo and video documentation of the event
- Creating a database for through the entire exercise
- Creating a strategy document for long-term engagement with the artists/es and audiences after the event to create a forum for ‘Water4All, All4Water Movement’ and create long-term Social Change Ambassadors out of them.
How to Apply
Interested agencies can apply by Feb 20, 2023 expressing their interest to email@example.com, CC: Renita Rajora- firstname.lastname@example.org
- A technical proposal specifying the overall approach to the execution of the contract; the services to be provided; the experience of the applicant in similar assignments and their proposed team with time commitment.
- A financial offer including each service’s per unit cost.
- Samples of the event management & design work
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd