RFP - Development and roll out of a quick impact communications campaign for prevention of violence against women
Organization: UN Women
Apply By: 10 Oct 2022
About the Organization
UN Women is the United Nations entity dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide.
About the Proposal
To focus on gender centric response and recovery from the unprecedented humanitarian crisis of COVID-19, UN Women is implementing two programmes: ‘Gender-Responsive COVID-19 Recovery in India’ and ‘Ensuring Women’s Health, Wellness and Safety in Rural Spaces in the Tea Sector in Assam’. Both the programme interventions are anchored in the UN’s Human Rights approach and will fully considerthe specific situations, perspectives, priorities and needs of women and girls in India. During the current pandemic, it is even more imperative to engage the larger community and all stakeholders, including men and boys to address gender-based violence in their families and communities and ensuring access to basic services and necessities. The way to address this shadow pandemic is through education, knowledge, access, and awareness and engagement of a larger community and stakeholder to prevent violence against women.
Gender-Based Violence (GBV) is a violation of human rights and has a grave impact on victims/survivors, their families, and communities, and it remains a major public health and development challenge in India. It is rooted in gender-based discrimination, social norms that accept violence, and gender stereotypes that contribute towards endless cycles of violence. Many of the responses to violence against women are focused primarily on intervening with survivors after the violence has occurred. Such strategies are essential to mitigate the impact for women experiencing violence or at risk of violence and ensuring justice and accountability which eventually preventsits recurrence. It is important to continue to improve these responses.
At the same time, there is also an increasing need to address the broader factors that contribute to prevalence of violence and to implement initiatives that prevent such violence from occurring in the first place. Prevention— addressing the structural causes, as well as the risk and protective factors, associated with violence—is pivotal to eliminating violence against women completely. Prevention is the only way to stop violence before it even occurs.
UN Women focuses on early education, respectful relationships, and working with men and boys, especially through, media interventions, sports industries, and the world of work as part of its prevention strategy. UN Women helps conduct research on attitudes, perceptions, and behaviours of men and boys, as well as young people, related to various forms of violence, and supports advocacy, awareness-raising, community mobilization, and educational programmes, as well as legal and policy reforms.
The following continuum is used to underpin the Prevention framework:
- Preventing violence before it occurs
- Preventing the recurrence of violence
- Preventing or limiting the impacts of VAW, through the provision of short- and long-term care and support.
COVID-19 pandemic, like any other humanitarian crisis, and its impact have not been gender-neutral. The impact of shadow pandemic gave rise to violence against women, especially against the marginalized and most vulnerable women, globally as well in India.
There is a critical need for targeted approaches to reach all social groups with VAW prevention information. There is an utmost need to forge and strengthen multi-stakeholder partnership platforms to identify and implement initiatives on VAW prevention and build capacity of partners and communities to prevent and respond to escalating risks related to VAW during COVID 19.
Given this context, UN Women India Country Office seeks out the services of a communications agency to create, develop and implement a social and behavioral change communication campaign with action plan involving activities on prevention and develop integrated communications package to address violence against women.
The key objective of the assignment is to develop and roll out a multi-sectoral contextualized social and behavioral change impactful communication campaign on prevention against violence against women, including use of online and offline platforms e.g. digital platforms and events, with communities, CSOs, women networks, UN agencies, national and state governments, universities, youth groups from across the country. Following are the components:
- 2.1.A communication campaign strategy with an action plan on Prevention against VAW. The strategy should create mass awareness and increase knowledge amongst communities, public, youth, women at risk, CSO partners, national and state governments, mass media about Prevention being the key step to stop violence and how each stakeholder can play a part as a co-voyager or agent of change.
- 2.1.1.Develop key messages and digital content (in English) focusing on increasing knowledge, awareness, changing attitudes, norms, behavior to create an enabling, safe and thriving environment for women in their households, communities, public spaces, online spaces, and workspaces
- 2.1.2.Create a social media campaign aligning with the overall communication strategy
- 2.2. Curate and roll out at least 2 offline events on prevention from VAW. The event is to be part of the communication strategy. The event should engage masses and help in driving conversation and visibility for it. [Here the print content would be in English, Assamese, Hindi and Tamil].
Scope of Work
The agency will write, create concept, develop, and execute the communication strategy with an aim to create awareness about Prevention as a important step towards behavioral change. The campaign should have a stated return on investment on prevention from VAW
The agency will provide technical and related human resources services for the completion of the above objective by completing following tasks: As part of Objective 2.1: 1.
- Design, create, develop a campaign strategy and plan of action along with a campaign brief to implement the social and behavioral change quick-impact communication campaign on prevention from VAW.
- 2. Plan and execute a quick impact social media campaign in English and regional languages (Hindi, Assamese, Tamil) to create awareness about the offline events, targeting engaging men and boys and communities in general as partners for change for prevention and ending violence against women. As part of the digital social media campaign (for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn APAC and YouTube APAC) create, produce and execute communication content (10 designed digital banners, etc.) fully accessible audio/video and digital assets including but not limited to 10 digital posters, 10 infographics, 20 quote cards, 10 short 30 sec to 60 sec videos, 10 motion graphics, 20 reels, 30 designed posts for social media, among other innovative ways of online communication - messaging on prevention, engaging communities, men and boys, CSOs and women organizations and networks and other stakeholders. The content will also be used for various other social media and online platforms.
As part of objective 2.2:
- 3. Curate and execute two offline events (one day each) during 16 days of activism (in December) in Delhi/Punjab/Uttar Pradesh/Tamil Nadu and Assam (in January). The agency would be responsible for designing, curating, and executing end-to end work for the offline events including content in print - 10 designed posters, 10 designed flyers, 20 designed quote cards, 5 designed standii and 10 designed banners, etc.
The scope for key task 3 above will require travel.
Organizations who are registered in India as commercial entities (public, private or government-owned companies) with following background and experience are eligible.
Qualifications of the Organization:
- Minimum ten years’ experience in the field of communications and advertising developing and implementing communications campaign
- The organization need to be part of a larger global networking group
- The organization must have physical or affiliate offices in six locations with a minimum of 100 employees
- The organization should partner with a gender specialist with gender specialization who has extensive experience of 20 years of work in the development sector on gender, violence prevention and response in India on program implementation and experience on developing campaigns on gender issues.
- Experience of producing cutting-edge gender responsive media content through innovative approaches and partnerships
- Have demonstrative experience in development communication
- Have demonstrative networks and established partnerships with print media and radio channels
- Prior experience of undertaking a similar campaign
- Experience in working with UN agencies and other international organizations is an added advantage
Qualifications of Team Leader:
- Advanced Degree in one of the areas of communications, visual communications or mass media management or any other related fields and relevant for this assignment
- Minimum seven years’ experience in providing high quality and innovative digital solutions and communication strategy, including content creation and visual storytelling
- Proven track record of projects in the field of public advocacy and participation, gender equality, women empowerment, human rights, social inclusion, ending violence against women or similarfield
- Expert knowledge and professional experience in the area of digital media and communication; campaigns and branding especially in gender sensitive topics
- Familiarity with recent trends in digital and online social engagements across platforms for development sector
- Experience working on projects for UN agencies or agencies engaged in the development sector would be an advantage
- Ability to deliver within timelines
- Fluency in both English and Hindi.
Qualifications of Team member/s:
- University degree in design, videography, animation, media and communication, marketing and branding and/or other related area relevant for the assignment
- Minimum four years of work experience in the field of advertising and campaign planning, with good understanding of Photography, Graphic Design, Videography, Animation, Photojournalism, Editing and Proof-Reading, Public Relations and/or other related area relevant forthe assignment
- Familiarity with gender equality issues and gender responsive media communications would be considered an asset
- Excellent working with professional equipment and knowledge of graphic design software, video production software, social media management, photo/video editing software and printing promotional materials
- Fluency in both English and Hindi and any regional language relevant to this ToR preferred.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the United Nations' values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the UN and UN Women;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team to meet tight deadlines and produce high quality work.
How to Apply
The Submission package [online] must include:
- Company Profile
- Company Registration Certificate
- Signed Technical proposal
- Updated CVs of Key Personnel in specified format
- Joint Venture form (if applicable)
- Signed Financial proposal in PDF (as per format given). [The financial proposal shall specify a lump sum amount breaking down the professional fee for each deliverable and travel/other related costs]
- Financial proposal in Excel clearly showing the calculations
- Samples of previous work undertaken
- Names, contacts and email ids of three references (previous clients for similar work undertaken in the past)
- Latest Audited Financial Statements
Other Forms to be Submitted by the Vendor awarded the contract at the time of contract signature:
- Statement of Exclusivity and Availability, if applicable (using the standard format provided)
- Voluntary Agreement to Promote Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment (using the standard format provided)
If you are interested in submitting a proposal in response to this RFP, please prepare your proposal in accordance with the requirements and procedure as set out in this RFP and submit it by the deadline for submission of proposals set out in the tender notice.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd