About SELCO Foundation
SELCO Foundation is an NGO established in 2010, working on building a holistic ecosystem for sustainable energy access. In this regard, SELCO Foundation engages in technical, financial, and social innovation, enterprise development, skill building, and financial inclusion. The organization works on demonstrating and catalyzing the role of renewable energy across verticals of well-being, health, education, livelihoods, and the built environment.
Shortage of foreign currency is one of the challenges faced by several countries, hindering the development process of these countries. Forex plays a crucial role in facilitating the deployment and implementation of decentralized renewable energy solutions across different countries. Limited knowledge of forex and payment processes can hinder such effective transfer and implementation of solutions. Solid research on forex and payment challenges helps in understanding the risks associated with currency exchange rates, international payment systems, and regulatory frameworks. This project involves creating such a research document to help the organization have an in-depth knowledge of the forex scenario of and make informed decisions to implement sustainable energy solutions for underserved populations and livelihoods.
1. To conduct extensive research and studies into forex along with its role in import and export of technologies in focus regions
2. To analyse the gaps and challenges in forex availability and usage
3. To understand the impacts of forex unavailability in the solar development sector in focus regions
4. To understand the forex priorities and rates for different organisations such as government (ministry and other departments), private sector (enterprises, development consultants), non-government organizations (development organisations)
5. To map out and analyse potential transactional methods to reduce the losses due to forex challenges for carrying out energy development programs in focus regions
6. To provide recommended mitigation strategies and solutions
Scope and methodology of the research:
The work includes both primary and secondary research and deep dive into the topics of the study. Interviews and discussions with subject matter experts and various stakeholders to be conducted as part of the research. The primary research includes interviews with local financial institutes, financial partners, resource personnel who has experience in forex transactions and Export-Import banks (EXIM Bank)
Interested consultants/ organizations, with relevant experience (please include samples and/or references of the previous similar work as proof of experience) and based out of India are requested to reach out with a detailed proposal giving a brief on the methodology and the process they will uptake for this project, including budgets (with break-ups and explanation), timelines and milestones and submit the same to google form https://forms.gle/KkgAV1RxQhbDQNpMA on before 30th November 2023. Any further queries please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line: “Research on Forex and Payment Challenges”
To download the full ToR, click here