Subscribe our Weekly Newsletter
RFP -Tariff Act Advocacy Grant 2023
Organization: The Freedom Fund
Apply By: 24 Mar 2023
About the Organization
The Freedom Fund is a global fund with the sole aim of helping end modern slavery. We are a catalyst in the global effort to end modern slavery, working in the countries and sectors where it is most prevalent. We invest in and partner with organisations and communities on the frontlines of ending slavery and exploitation.
About the Proposal
The Tariff Act Advocacy Grants provide dedicated funding for civil society to explore advocacy strategies aimed at securing accountability and supporting access to remedy, after a Tariff Act petition – showing that certain goods are produced using forced labour and that those goods are being imported into the United States – has been submitted to CBP.
The list below provides examples of activities that grantees may wish to undertake as part of this project:
- Engaging in public awareness campaigns and public or private advocacy to resolve the labour issues in question, secure remedies, and ensure better working conditions for affected workers
- Using the collected evidence as part of strategic advocacy targeting the media, lawmakers, businesses, industry bodies, and/or the public to affect broader regulatory changes
- Developing a media strategy to raise the profile of the human rights violations laid out in the petition
- Using alternative accountability mechanisms, such as exploring the viability of civil/criminal litigation or submitting a complaint to an OECD National Contact Point
- Collecting additional evidence of forced labour to provide more up-to-date information to CBP or another government agency, where appropriate
- Organising relevant convenings and dialogues to share information and raise awareness of the labour issues in question with target audiences.
- This is a global call for proposals. The RFP’s scope does not focus on specific countries or industries and is not limited to any specific advocacy activities. Projects focused on securing remedies for affected individuals in conditions of forced labour will be prioritised.
- Interested parties may apply for a grant of up to USD $20,000. Grant funds shall only be used for costs associated with the Tariff Act follow-up advocacy project.
How to Apply
- Draft your proposal, no longer than 3 pages, and save as a PDF or Word Document.
- Upload the finished proposal document to https://send.tresorit.com
- Send the link generated to TALFund@protonmail.com with the subject line ‘Tariff Act Advocacy Grants’
For any questions about the Tariff Act Advocacy Grants, eligibility criteria, or the submission process, please email Marta Bylica (TALFund@protonmail.com).
By 24 March 2023 5PM UK time Final proposals due
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd