Associate - Communications and Advocacy
Organization: The Naz Foundation (India) Trust
Apply By: 17 Aug 2020
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization
The Naz Foundation (India) Trust, (Naz) established in 1994, started with work addressing issues of HIV and AIDS and sexuality. Over the years, Naz has conducted thousands of sessions to help CBOs and individuals understand sexuality and mainstream HIV. Naz has worked to strengthen the care and support services provided to People Living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA) as well as counseling and referral for the LGBTQIA+ community. In 2001, Naz has set up one of the first homes for orphaned Children Living with HIV in Delhi. The Naz Care Home provides care to 19 children living with HIV. This Centre serves as a Model Care Centre and provides training to other Child Care Institutions across the country building their capacities to Care for children living with HIV and AIDS.
The years of intense HIV prevention work brought out that Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) were among the most vulnerable members to be infected with HIV. To realize a just and equal society, it was critical to engage with AGYW. With this objective, in 2006 Naz piloted a Women’s Empowerment program using sport and life skills to empower adolescent girls from economically marginalized communities. Over the last 14 years, Naz has reached out to more than 115,000 Adolescent Girls and Young Women and implements the Young People’s Initiative (YPI) in 3 cities: Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru and through implementing partners.
Advocacy is critical to Naz's work. Naz has challenged the archaic Law under the Indian Penal Code under Sec 377 which criminalized homosexuality. Naz conducts awareness sessions on LGBTQIA+ issues and workshops with individuals and companies sensitizing them on understanding sexuality, diversity and need for an inclusive environment.
Naz has been certified among “Great Place to Work with” by Great Place to Work® Institute. This recognition is a testament of the organization’s high-trust, high-performance work culture.
Overview of the Position
Naz seeks to hire an Associate – Communications & Advocacy to be based at New Delhi. The position shall directly report to the Coordinator – Communications and Advocacy. The associate will be responsible for supporting communication and fundraising initiatives by creating effective content and implementation activities.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Communication – 70%
- Assist in the development and implementation of the communication strategy
- Maintain a repository of video and photographs with the support of Naz staff
- Create and support in preparing presentations documents, reports, case studies, newsletters etc. as per the branding guidelines.
- Assist in planning events and promotional activities
- Coordinate the collection of materials and data needed for the production of Annual Report
- Collaborate with all teams and facilitate effective internal communications
- Keep the website updated
- Any other task assigned by the Coordinator- Communications and Advocacy
2. Advocacy and Resource Mobilization – 30%
- Assist in developing content for fundraising for online and offline events.
- Provide support to increase visibility and outreach by engaging the targeted audience through various media channels
- Collate information for development of Awards Applications in collaboration with the program team members
- Build and nurture donor database
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- A bachelor's or master's degree in mass communications/media/social science/development studies/gender/health and other allied fields.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experiences preferred. You may be a recent graduate with relevant internships, or you may have previous experience in communications/media/fundraising .
- Strong interest in social media tools and techniques is desired
- You are detail-oriented and have excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English and Hindi.
- You are organized, creative and can effectively manage your time.
- Well versed with the tools and softwares required for editing and photography such as Canva, Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Basic knowledge of photography is desired.
- You can commit to work with Naz at least for 2 years.
- Interested candidates with relevant experience may e-mail their CV and covering letter (along with current/ last drawn salary and expected salary) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants should mention “ Application for Associate- Communications and Advocacy, New Delhi” in the subject line.
- Cover letter should justify your suitability for the position – role fitment based on present & past work experience.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview.
For further clarifications, please email your queries at email@example.com
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd