Chevening Alumni Relations Manager
Organization: Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office
Apply By: 21 Sep 2021
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization
The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office is a department of the Government of the United Kingdom. It was created on 2 September 2020 through the merger of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and the Department for International Development.
The role of the Chevening Alumni Relations Manager is to be responsible for developing and implementing the alumni relations strategy and fostering excellent engagement in order to build and strengthen relationships with the Chevening alumni in India. The Job Holder will also contribute to/oversee the establishment of a stakeholder management system for the wider Political Department. The role will require assisting the Head in effectively delivering the largest Chevening programme in the world. This role is ideally suited for those with experience, resourcefulness and strong networking skills. The job holder reports to the Head of Chevening in the Political Department in the British High Commission, New Delhi.
Chevening Alumni Management – 40%
- Designing and framing an annual nationwide strategic plan for managing and engaging meaningfully with the 3300 vibrant and diverse alumni in India and leading on delivery of the plan including events.
- Fostering excellent alumni relations and ensuring they are well connected to the wider BHC agenda and objectives, contributing effectively to the work of the BHC in India. Working collaboratively with colleagues across all 15 departments and our 7 Deputy High Commissions
- To identify notable alumni and develop interesting and innovative case studies for promotion and impact purposes (in India & globally)
- To be responsible for the Alumni Engagement budget and the Chevening Alumni Project Fund and tailor the programme to the available resources.
- Ensuring the Chevening alumni database of contacts is well managed
Wider Stakeholder Management: 20%
- Maintaining and contributing to the establishment of a stakeholder management system for the wider Political Department - particularly within political, parliamentary, think tank, and media communities in New Delhi.
Impactful Communications – 20%
- To develop an integrated communications strategy in consultation with the Head of Chevening and the Press & Communications Colleagues for effective internal and external communication
- Content creation for website, newsletters, briefings, reports and promotional material
- Responsible for retendering of existing programmes, ensuring contractual and tendering arrangements with external suppliers and partners
- Take complete ownership of campaigns/social media messaging
Marketing/Branding/Selection for Chevening: 20%
- Help build and manage a rich marketing calendar exploring innovative ways to market Chevening in tier1/2/3 cities and smaller towns.
- Helping create brand awareness for Chevening across India
- Responsible for the Chevening Marketing Budget
- Support the Head of Chevening in the Selection process – longlisting/shortlisting/interviews
- Ensure programmes are run on a value for money basis, and help run impact evaluations.
- Support in identifying new opportunities for funding and sponsorship
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
- Direct responsibility for Alumni/Marketing funds and the Chevening Alumni Project Fund.
- Line management responsibility of one B3 member of staff
Learning and development opportunities:
The British High Commission is very supportive of learning and development objectives and there are several leadership training opportunities for the jobholder through the year in Delhi. There may also be occasional travel within the region for alumni engagements.
Education Qualification/Required Skills and Experience
- Written and Oral Communications: excellent written and oral communication skills. Deliver presentations in a confident and professional manner.
- Excellent organisational skills: effectively manage funds, engagements, events and help run the largest and multiple Chevening fellowships in India.
- Effective Networking: meaningfully engage with the vibrant alumni and other stakeholders, many of them leaders from the government, public & private sector, media, politics and civil society.
- Customer Focus: understand the needs of a diverse range of stakeholders within the High Commission, University partners in the UK and at the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office in London.
- The successful candidate would have at least 8 years of relevant working experience.
- University Degree in any discipline.
- Language: Fluency in written and spoken English. Ability to write succinctly. Ability to communicate effectively with a UK audience.
- For candidates invited to an interview, there will be a short test of written English.
- Level of language required: Aside from fluency in English, working knowledge of Hindi is desirable
INR 1,10,484 per month with 12% provident fund and 6% Special Allowances.
Please note applications without below points will not be considered.
- Complete the Online Application Form
- Complete the Motivation and Competency Segment in the Online Application Form
Internal candidates applying for this position need to upload their appraisal forms for the previous 2 years (if applicable) and also inform their current line managers, else the applications will not be considered.
We will accept only online applications by 21st September 2021 (latest by 23:55 hours IST).
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd