Subscribe our Weekly Newsletter
Organization: Thomson Reuters
Apply By: 05 Apr 2023
About the Organization
Thomson Reuters is one of the world’s most trusted providers of answers, helping professionals make confident decisions and run better businesses. Our customers operate in complex arenas that move society forward — law, tax, compliance, government, and media – and face increasing complexity as regulation and technology disrupts every industry.
We help them reinvent the way they work. Our team of experts brings together information, innovation and authoritative insight to unravel complex situations, and our worldwide network of journalists and editors keep customers up to speed on global developments that are relevant to them.
We are seeking a talented journalist in India to join our award-winning news team, which covers climate change, inclusive economies and the impact of technology on societies worldwide. Reporting for the Thomson Reuters Foundation's digital news platform Context, you will focus on how climate change – and policy responses to it – are affecting workers and local communities in India, through a social justice lens.
If you understand the need for a “just transition”, we want to hear from you.
You are able to cover issues ranging from climate disasters like flooding and extreme heat, the shift to green energy, government climate policy and green finance, to sustainable development, clean technology, labour rights and gender equality.
You put people ahead of business in your journalism.
You are comfortable documenting the impacts of coal mines and solar parks on vulnerable people on the ground, analysing government policy on the development of green skills or exploring how low-carbon industries can advance women’s participation in the workforce.
You have excellent news judgment, are deadline-driven and brimming with ideas.
You know how to write for digital audiences, always think of multimedia possibilities for your stories, and come to the table with innovative ideas for your storytelling.
- Pitch, research and write deeply reported stories from India covering climate and social justice, climate policy, socio-economic inclusion, labour rights and efforts to green business
- Pitch and participate in creating visually rich multimedia stories, including working with photographers on assignment
- Cultivate and maintain a wide-ranging list of relevant sources and contacts
- Consistently meet deadlines and file concise, clean copy
- Travel in India several times a year to report from the field and occasionally further afield
- Collaborate with TRF journalists across our focus areas – Climate, Inclusive Economies and Tech & Society – to produce cross-pollinating stories
- Collaborate with TRF’s social media team to create informative and engaging social posts, and with the audience team to promote your work
- Work with contacts to source expert opinion pieces on key issues
- Participate occasionally in journalist training courses run by TRF and public discussion events on the theme of just transition
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Between 5 and 10 years of journalism experience
- Sound understanding of global geopolitics and macroeconomics
- Expertise in reporting on economic and social issues and their impact on people, particularly in India and South Asia
- Passion for covering under-reported stories, and for centering people, not markets, in your coverage. We particularly want to hear from communities whose voices rarely feature in international news.
- Aptitude for identifying, understanding and explaining data-based stories
- Versatile and engaging writing style able to adapt to digital as well as traditional media audiences
- Familiarity with multimedia storytelling, including video and audio production and photography
- Strong understanding of social media and digital audiences
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Legal right to work in India
- This role is not limited to Bangalore and applicant can be based out of Delhi, Mumbai or Hyderbad as well.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd