Organization: RTI International India
Apply By: 19 Dec 2020
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Their vision is to address the world's most critical problems with science-based solutions in pursuit of a better future. They believe in the promise of science, and they push themselves every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world.
Position: Communication Specialist
Substantial gains in the National malaria program made over the past several years are threatened by the COVID-19 Pandemic. The NVBDCP is currently seeking a communication expert to support the National Program in sustaining India’s progress and achieving malaria elimination.
The communication expert will allow for better communication and advocacy of National Malaria Program in identified priority geographies by developing effective information, education and communication (IEC) materials with honed messages to build awareness of malaria services at the community level and influence the enabling environment in support of the National Malaria Program.
- Provide technical support for the development and distribution of IEC, BCC and advocacy materials.
- Develop written and audio-visual materials based on the needs of the NVBDCP.
- Develop media coverage strategies and media plans, including for national and local media, for the malaria program.
- Organize and lead national BCC campaigns and support state initiatives as requested.
- Work in conjunction with the Social and Behaviour Science specialist to tailor communication materials based on the needs of targeted communities especially in high endemic areas.
- Collaborate with states/districts malaria programs (specifically low-burden, nearing elimination states/districts) to develop targeted messages and communication materials.
- Developing capacity building/training materials for state/ district VBDCPs.
- Oversee and review work of external agencies contracted to develop communication campaigns or materials as needed.
- Facilitate collaboration with partners to align IEC/BCC activities.
- Support development of NVBDCP malaria documents: for e.g. annual reports, etc.
- Provide support to NVBDCP Director in developing press briefings and press releases.
- Making necessary IEC/BCC material available online.
- Other tasks as deemed necessary by NVBDCP Director.
Minimum Required Education & Experience:
- Advanced University degree in Communication/ Journalism/ Public Relations from a reputed and recognized institution. Additional Public health qualification would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of professional work experience at national or state level (either with government and/ or an NGO) in communication and information related to health or in the field of social development.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both English and Hindi with attention to detail and ability to develop concise communication materials.
- Experience of handling large health IEC and Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) campaigns.
- Experience of working with diverse targeted audiences including populations living in tribal and rural areas and government officials.
- Computer proficiency and experience with commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and other Communication tools.
- Knowledge of recent malaria IEC activities of MoHFW/NVBDCP.
- Experience of working on Covid-19 in India.
- Additional regional language(s).
- Prior experience of liaising with external partners
Duration: 1 Year Contract with possibility for renewal subject to availability of funding and performance
Location: New Delhi (Directorate of National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme) with up to 50% travel to Priority States/districts as directed by the NVBDCP Director
Email Id: IndiaHR@rti.org
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd