Communications & Advocacy Officer
Organization: Fair Trade Forum-India
Apply By: 25 Feb 2023
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
Job Position: Communications & Advocacy Officer
Organisation- Fair Trade Forum-India
Location: New Delhi
Fair Trade Forum-India (FTF-I) is the National Network for Fair Trade in India. It is a not-for-profit organization, registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860.
FTF-I works with more than 5,00,000 producers – artisans and farmers – through more than 100 member organizations, to ensure a dignified income and overall development of artisans, farmers, workers in the unorganized sector. It also endeavors to develop the skills of marginalized youth to make them more employable so that they become capable of earning a decent livelihood.
It is a member of the World Fair Trade Organisation – WFTO, which is the global face of Fair Trade.
FTF-I invites applications for the post of Communications & Advocacy Officer. The Roles and Responsibility for the position are outlined below-
As Communications & Advocacy Officer you will be expected to play a prominent role, take the leads in the projects with strong advocacy and communication components. You will play an active role in networking with different relevant stakeholders, lobbying and representing the organization in a wide range of policy issues at events, conventions and media opportunities. Your role includes visioning and preparing the advocacy and communication strategy and policies and successfully execute it. You will be facilitating FTF- I and member organizations writing excellent case stories and preparing various reports of opinion pieces. You will be expected to work closely with civil society organizations as well as the media - both traditional and digital.
You will be liable to manage and lead over all communications of FTF-I.
- Managing and implementing all internal and external communications and advocacy components.
- Preparing advocacy and communications strategies, policies and plans and successfully execute it.
- Documentation/Communication work related to various programs and projects of FTF-I.
- Creating monthly Newsletter and writing annual reports.
- Managing and regularly updating FTF-I website and designing and implementing digital campaigns, to further the mandate of the organization
- Keeping up to date with latest developments in digital content management and social media trends including tools, applications, channels, design and strategy and aligning FTF-I Social Media marketing with the same
- Supporting Chief Manager in preparing project proposals for fund raising from the donor agencies, individual philanthropists and corporate sector, donor reports & sponsorship proposals for various events planned periodically by FTF-I
- Maintaining regular communication with members and identify appropriate opportunities for them where they can converge, scale up and showcase their work.
- Collecting and collating Data from all members to assess the Impact of Fair Trade interventions in India and disseminating it nationally and internationally.
- Collecting and maintaining data and information related to members and Fair Trade forum principles.
- Documenting success stories from different FTF-I members and Fair Trade Shops, specially Case Studies and documentation of producer groups and value chains as and when required.
- Developing and maintaining a good rapport with the different government department, ministries and artisans and farmers produce market players, exporters etc. and finding opportunities of growth for FTF-I and its members organizations.
- Provide advice and expertise to managers, coordinators and other staff on a range of advocacy and outreach issues, methods and approaches.
- Any other additional activities related to Branding, documentation and communications of the organization as per need.
Note- JD is not an exhaustive list of task and additional work/responsibilities matching with job profile can be assigned to Communications & Advocacy officer by the line manager and management.
Requirements of the candidate:
- Candidate should have a degree in Communication/ mass media / public policy/ journalism from the premier institutes.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in documentation, reporting, research, evaluation, public relations and fundraising in development sector.
- Well versed with current development issues and trends especially in the area of livelihoods development.
- Good communication and presentation Skills and a flair for report writing.
- Proficient in English and possess writing and editing skills for the publication of in-house journals, proposals and reports.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Strong relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
Ability to handle pressure while balancing priorities within time and resource constraints.
- A positive attitude with resilient mind, able to exhibit confidence and enthusiasm towards work.
- A highly motivated and resourceful individual capable of working with a team as well as independently and open to travel extensively.
Salary range in this position is commensurate to industry standards and will be determined based upon the experiences and capability of candidate.
FTFI is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage qualified women, PwDs to apply for job opening. Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV and cover letter addressing the above requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com with subject line –Communications and Advocacy Officer_FTFI.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd