Corporate Partnerships Manager
Apply By: 24 Feb 2020
About the Organization:
UNICEF works in Across 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfil their potential - to the benefit of a better world
Position: Corporate Partnerships Manager
The Private Sector Fundraising and Partnerships (PSFP) section within PFP works with National Committees and UNICEF country offices to maximize financial and non-financial support for children. Within this section, the purpose of the Corporate Partnerships Team is to drive impact, defined as financial resources in addition to other valuable assets and opportunities, in order to optimize the value of multi-dimensional partnerships with companies to achieve UNICEF’s strategic goals. The team supports key UNICEF Divisions with partnership strategies as well as National Committees and Country Offices with their strategies for growth. The team also champions and drives global best practice, partnership strategy and issues guidance and policies globally. Team members also play a role in the relationship management of key partners.
How can you make a difference?
1. Driving results to achieve targets
- Ensures that the targets associated with delivering new and retaining existing partnerships are achieved. Supports critical stakeholders in India
- Country Office by guiding and supporting understanding of partnerships with private sector to further enable future partnerships. Develop beneficial, strong relationships directly with key decision makers at prospect businesses, engaging externally and internally at senior levels and credibly representing UNICEF in negotiations on high value partnerships.
2. Lead Corporate Partnerships team
- Supports, encourages and guides a team of fundraisers based in Delhi and in other State Offices in India to lead them to achieve their individual targets.
3. Identify, develop and take to market case for partnership investment in India
- Develops together with the team different business cases for partnerships according to financial and non-financial needs in India Country office. Test and modify the business case according to market feedback and develop the right proposition for business and foundations.
4. Actively contributing to Global Best Practices
- Continually gathers and disseminates best practice learnings and experiences on the development of Corporate Partnerships and actively
- participate in global or regional meetings, skills trainings and capacity building discussions. Contributes to the implementation of best practices in India Country Office.
5. Engages globally to maximize global opportunities
- Build strong internal networks and engage directly with other Country Offices, National Committee and others to include India activations in global alliances delivered by other markets.
6. Ensure appropriate risk measures in place
- Ensure that new partnerships align with UNICEF’s due diligence standards and adequately manage risk with critical internal teams such as CRDD and Comms.
- Advanced university degree in Business, Marketing, International Relations, Social Sciences or related fields is required.
- *A first level university degree in a relevant field combined with 10 years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Eight years progressively responsible professional work experience in fundraising, marketing, sponsorship, or business to business sales, including work with businesses to create, large-scale partnerships.
- Knowledge of current theories and practices in fundraising, marketing and sponsorship highly desirable.
- Proven experience of identifying, developing and securing a new business pipeline, including successfully securing new corporate partnerships at a US$ 7-figure per year and above funding value is desirable.
- Experience of directly influencing, senior decision makers in companies and deep knowledge of the Business and International Development sector in India is highly valuable.
- Experience in managing teams is essential, as well as experience in a multi-cultural environment.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is considered as an asset.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd