Counselor, Saksham Pravaah
Organization: Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
Apply By: 30 Nov 2020
About the Organization:
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) is a deemed university fully funded by the University Grants Commission, Government of India. TISS offers over 50 Master’s Degree programmes from its Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad Campuses. Masters’ programmes are offered in a range of socially relevant inter-disciplinary areas.
Position: Counselor, Saksham Pravaah
Saksham which means "Capable" or “Self- reliant” in Sanskrit is a TISS project that implements counselling services for Drug Resistant (DR) TB patients in collaboration with the Mumbai District Tuberculosis (TB) Control Society (MDTCS). The programme supported by the Global Fund for AIDS, TB and Malaria was initiated in August 2014.
Terms of Reference:
- Register Drug Resistant (DR) TB patients for counselling services and provide regular counselling to ensure treatment adherence.
- Undertake home visits to DR TB patients within the district for providing follow up counselling
- Provide counseling services to family members of the DR TB patients and refer them for TB diagnosis if required
- Liaise with District TB staff to monitor treatment adherence of TB patient at community level
- Improve TB-HIV linkages and link with ART centers.
- Link DR TB patients to social protection schemes and other health services as required
- Ensure timely documentation & reporting as per program need.
- Maintain registers and records as per Saksham, TISS guidelines
- Attend quarterly meetings as specified by Saksham, TISS
Preference will be given to local candidates and selected candidates will have to work in the Government District TB Centre and undertake home visits in the community.
- Post graduate in Social Work (Health & Mental Health or Public Health or Community Organization)/ M.A. (Counselling or Clinical Psychology)/ Master in Public Health/Master in Health Administration. MSW in HR will not be considered.
Essential skills and other requirements:
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of work experience in health related counselling. E.g., HIV/AIDS, RCH, TB, STI, ART, suicide prevention.
- Good communication skills - written as well as spoken - in English, Hindi and local Language.
- Knowledge of MS Office-Word, Excel and PPT.
- Willingness to travel within the assigned district.
- Willingness to work with TB patients and their caregivers.
- Local candidates from Jhunjhunu will be preferred.
Location: Jhunjhunu (Rajasthan)
Duration: Till March 2021
Remuneration CTC: Rs. 17,000/- per month.
Please send the following documents by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following subject line as ‘Counselor, Jhunjhunu – Saksham Pravaah’
- A Cover Letter (Mention the district applying for)
- Your updated curriculum vitae with your academic record and experience.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd