Deputy Director - Research and Evaluation
Apply By: 30 Sep 2020
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
Breakthrough is looking for a Deputy Director – Research and Evaluation. The person will report to the Director – Monitoring & Evaluation and is responsible for coordinating research, evaluation and reporting activities under the specific projects. The person will be responsible to lead the technical design assignments pertaining to Research and Evaluation.
- Lead the technical design of assignments, comprised of identifying research/evaluation questions, developing theory of change, developing indicators, compiling Log frame, considering the appropriate research methodology including sampling design and tool development.
- Designing, conducting and managing large scale research and evaluations, data analysis, report writing and disseminating results.
- Provide feedback to campaign and implementation team for programme improvement
- Publish articles and knowledge products.
- Lead on the commissioning and management of external evaluators or research teams for particular projects, as required
- Identify areas for research and be an active part of the Research and Evaluation team in BT
- Ph.D./Masters in Economics, Anthropology/Gender studies/Development studies Social work/ Statistics or PGDRD or equivalent
- 12 to 15 years of proven work experience in development sector including monitoring, research and evaluation.
- Data analysis and interpretation and report writing.
- Knowledge of SPSS/NVivo/STATA or any other quantitative software is a must
- Knowledge of qualitative software would be an added advantage
- Self-starter, team player and quality oriented
- Good hands-on experience of working on projects
- Nuanced understanding of gender and feminist politics will be preferred
- Good command over written and spoken English and Hindi.
Breakthrough was founded in 1999 with the mission of using arts and culture to bring human rights issues -- especially violence and discrimination against marginalized groups -- into mainstream conversation and inspire critical masses of people to take action for change. Its first project was Mann ke Manjeeré (An Album of Women’s Dreams), an award-winning music album and video compilation that stirred unprecedented discussion across India about women’s rights and brought the problem of domestic violence out from behind closed doors. Today, Breakthrough works to activate the critical mass of people who will deliver the culture change needed to make violence against women and girls unacceptable worldwide.
Over the years Breakthrough is working on preventing Violence against Women & Girls, Breakthrough has a deep understanding of the interlinkages between its various manifestations. Breakthrough has made innovative use of media, arts and technology including digital and mobiles to usher in social change to end violence against women and promote a culture of human rights. Strategic partnership with the Ministry of Women and Child Development for dissemination of our media and IEC products which ensures that the messaging reaches large numbers as can be seen by the Bell Bajao campaign that reached 130 million in Phase I and 110 million in Phase II. The support was received pro-bono and is estimated to be worth INR 150 million. The Ministry has adopted Breakthrough’s MissionHazaar campaign on preventing sex selection under its flagship “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao” campaign and is disseminating the TV spots, curriculum and communication guide in 12 Indian languages.
The position holder will be expected to work in line with organisational values which are:
Breakthrough is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, caste, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, economic status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child safeguarding.
To know more about Breakthrough, please visit – www.inbreakthrough.org
Eligible candidates interested in this position may submit a resume accompanied by a cover letter, giving reasons in support of the suitability for the position, by email to email@example.com by or before September 30, 2020
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd