Deputy Director General
Organization: Development Monitoring and Evaluation Office (DMEO) - NITI Aayog
Apply By: 24 Dec 2020
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
The National Institution for Transforming India (NITI Aayog) is the premier policy Think Tank of the Govt. of India which is engaged in a number of transformational initiatives as a catalyst and an accelerator of change across sectors in partnership with Central Ministries and the State Governments.
Development Monitoring and Evaluation Office (DMEO) is an attached office of NITI Aayog to fulfill the mandate of Monitoring and Evaluation assigned to NITI Aayog. DMEO conducts high-quality monitoring and evaluation of government programs to improve effectiveness, efficiency, equity and sustainability of service delivery, outcomes and impacts. Improving the quality of data collection, reducing the time lag between data collection and use for monitoring and policy purposes, improving the data analytics to achieve deeper insights for real time outcome monitoring, conducting rigorous outcome evaluation, among others, are some of the challenges
Position: Deputy Director General in DMEO, NITI Aayog.
Number of Vacancies: 3 (tentative)
Purpose of the position
DMEO is inviting applications for the post of Deputy Director General (DDG) based at the NITI Aayog office located in New Delhi to drive and support DMEO’s mission of improving the sustainable outcomes and impacts of the government programs, by enabling high-quality monitoring and evaluation of government programs. DMEO is seeking a highly committed individual with relevant professional experience to conceptualize, institutionalise, drive, and manage monitoring and evaluation projects across various sectors and schemes of Ministries/Departments of Government of India. S/he will be working with wide range of stakeholders to strengthen the overall monitoring and evaluation ecosystem in the country
The DDG will lead and drive the following:
1. Programme management for Institutionalizing data-based policy making through monitoring of ongoing government policies and programmes with recommendations for course corrections
- Institutionalising frameworks for Outcome-based monitoring for existing and new schemes; engaging with key stakeholders including central ministry and State Governments among others.
- Leading the development and management of dashboards for facilitating performance monitoring.
- Reviewing and refining scheme performance assessment reports.
- Facilitating infrastructure and social sector performance reviews held at the highest levels in the Government.
- Facilitating monitoring of Global Development/Governance/Industry/Economy Indexes to drive reforms and growth in the country.
2. Enabling a culture of learning and improvement through mid-term and end-term evaluations of key government schemes and interventions
- Managing & driving large/small scale sector/scheme level evaluations to assess the performance of Government interventions to guide decision-making.
- Managing & driving quick evaluation/research through outsource/in-house teams.
- Procurement of consultancy services for monitoring and evaluation projects; Consultant/vendor management.
3. Promoting protocols, research, innovation, data systems and use of cutting-edge technology by stakeholders in the M&E domain
- Managing data quality assessments.
- Reviewing and preparing policy notes, articles, reports etc for dissemination of knowledge on topics pertaining to M&E.
- Fostering development of data collection tools/SOPs/toolkits and Best Practice reports to standardize and improve M&E processes.
4. Leveraging existing capacities to strengthen the whole M&E ecosystem
- Cultivate strategic partnerships with leading national/international organizations to strengthen M&E Ecosystem in India.
- Developing partnership and building capacity of key institutions and stakeholders to build strong M&E ecosystem including working with civil services training institutions, various agencies engaged in M&E, etc.
- Driving capacity building initiatives within DMEO, Central & State Governments and other stakeholders for institutional learning.
- Coordinating and building collaborative engagements with key stakeholders within NITI Aayog as well as in Central/State governments, academic/research/training Institutes, NGOs, Multilaterals among others.
5. Other duties as assigned
Essential Educational Qualification:
- Masters' Degree in any discipline or MBBS or Degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognized University or Passed in Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institute of Engineers (India) or Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Two years).
Desirable Educational Qualification:
- Doctorate in any discipline or Master’s Degree in Engineering
Age (for contractual appointment): Not less than 35 years but not exceeding 50 years
Level and Pay Matrix for Deputation (ISTC): Level-14: Rs. 144200-218200
Consolidated Pay for contractual appointment: Rs. 265000/-
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd