Deputy Programme Manager - Climate Change Programme
Organization: Centre for Science and Environment (CSE)
Apply By: 07 Nov 2020
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) is a public interest research and advocacy organisation based in New Delhi. CSE researches into, lobbies for and communicates the urgency of development that is both sustainable and equitable. Their aim is to raise these concerns, participate in seeking answers and – more importantly – in pushing for answers and transforming these into policies and so, practice. They do this through their research and by communicating their understanding through their publications.
About the Programme
CSE’s Climate Change Programme is committed to championing the study of the most pressing issues related to the climate crisis, as well as the international and domestic interventions that characterize our response to this crisis. It is through this lens that the Climate Change team conducts and disseminates research on emerging climate issues and builds capacity through trainings and workshops to create multipliers for climate action in society.
Duties and responsibilities
- They are looking for an individual who would be an integral member of the climate change team providing research support in the thematic areas of adaptation, mitigation, policy development, outreach such as webinars, training and networking as well as a prolific writer.
- Publications is an essential aspect of our research-based advocacy and the candidate is required to dive deep into critical and unbiased analysis on the varied dimensions of climate change.
Qualification and Experience
- A Master’s or PhD degree in natural resource management, environmental science/law/economy, international relations, sustainable development or other fields relevant for the consultancy.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant working experience, including in-depth knowledge of climate change policies, programmes and good practices.
- Ideally experience in the policy, writing and practice of international climate change negotiations specifically the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change and its bodies.
- Experience in developing country climate change needs. Experience in reporting on organizational or program impacts considered an asset. Experience working in an international organization will be considered an asset.
- Substantial record of research and publications with an emphasis on environmental andclimate change management and sustainable development, including non-scientific communications.
- Excellent demonstrated writing skills and fluency in English is required.
To apply for the above position, please visit http://jobs.cseindia.org and choose ‘DPM - Climate Change’. Please submit your application latest by 7th November, 2020.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd