Director - Advocacy
Apply By: 30 Sep 2020
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
Breakthrough is looking for an experience Director - Advocacy to strengthen its advocacy efforts on addressing violence against women and girls at state, national and global level. The individual will work closely with various teams to position the organisation and scale up breakthrough interventions across geographies.
- Strategizing, planning and leading evidence-based advocacy efforts at national and global level
- Strategizing and Collaborating with cross functional teams for leading state level advocacy initiatives including media advocacy.
- Review and evaluate current advocacy work for the state and creating a follow-up mechanism, implement the same
- Strategizing and planning positioning of BT’s work at state, national and global level.
- Reprinting organisation at various forums, conferences and networks
- Planning and organising, convenings and events at state, national and global platforms
- Support in collating and reviewing internal data for presentation specific for the strategy centre
- Strategizing for strengthening response on the issues of Violence Against Women (VAW) & Violence Against Children (VAC)
- Critical strategic inputs on the scale up with government in various states as per the organizational expansion plans and follow-up by staff on the ground
- Developing IEC material for Breakthrough’s advocacy work
- Based on research on government policy briefs, recommendations and papers
- Support in raising funds for advocacy work by contributing to proposal development
- Regular reporting, documentation of advocacy work to the management
- Contributing to achieving organisational objectives
- At least Masters in Economics/Gender studies/Development studies/Sociology/Social work or equivalent
- At least 12 to 15 years of experience in the not-for- profit sector with considerable years in a senior management role including research and advocacy
- Strong relationship building and networking skills that leverages further opportunities
- Nuanced understanding of gender and feminist politics will be preferred
- Excellent verbal, written communications and presentation skills in English as well as Hindi language
- Proven ability to understand data and write policy, briefs, papers and creating documents for advocacy
- Proven ability to negotiate and work with high level bureaucrats and Govt. officials
- Strong interest in and understanding of the Breakthrough’s mission; related work experience with gender, human rights, sexuality is preferred
- Experience in grant writing and handling big budgets
- Able to travel to both domestic and international locations
- Experience in organising events for organisation positioning
Breakthrough was founded in 1999 with the mission of using arts and culture to bring human rights issues -- especially violence and discrimination against marginalized groups -- into mainstream conversation and inspire critical masses of people to take action for change. Its first project was Mann ke Manjeeré (An Album of Women’s Dreams), an award-winning music album and video compilation that stirred unprecedented discussion across India about women’s rights and brought the problem of domestic violence out from behind closed doors. Today, Breakthrough works to activate the critical mass of people who will deliver the culture change needed to make violence against women and girls unacceptable worldwide.
Over the years Breakthrough is working on preventing Violence against Women & Girls, Breakthrough has a deep understanding of the interlinkages between its various manifestations. Breakthrough has made innovative use of media, arts and technology including digital and mobiles to usher in social change to end violence against women and promote a culture of human rights. Strategic partnership with the Ministry of Women and Child Development for dissemination of our media and IEC products which ensures that the messaging reaches large numbers as can be seen by the Bell Bajao campaign that reached 130 million in Phase I and 110 million in Phase II. The support was received pro-bono and is estimated to be worth INR 150 million. The Ministry has adopted Breakthrough’s MissionHazaar campaign on preventing sex selection under its flagship “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao” campaign and is disseminating the TV spots, curriculum and communication guide in 12 Indian languages.
The position holder will be expected to work in line with organisational values which are:
Breakthrough is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, caste, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, economic status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child safeguarding.
To know more about Breakthrough, please visit – www.inbreakthrough.org
Eligible candidates interested in this position may submit a resume accompanied by a cover letter, giving reasons in support of the suitability for the position, by email to email@example.com by or before September 30, 2020
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd