Organization: RightWalk Foundation
Apply By: No Deadline
Location: Lucknow(Uttar Pradesh)
RightWalk Foundation solves for socio-economic inequality by designing interventions in the core areas of Education, Livelihood and Health We supplement govt. efforts and engage with the system to formulate effective social welfare policies. We strengthen public institutions through streamlining processes, technology interfaces and capacity building. We have a holistic approach which engages and collaborates with the system as a whole and not in parts. We integrate system thinking into our approach and maintain an ecosystem of partnerships. We closely supported government efforts to effectively implement the Right To Education Act 12.1. (c) across 75 districts of Uttar Pradesh mainstreaming over 4,70,000 children in 16000 schools within a span of 7 years. RightWalk Foundation also ventured into the Livelihood domain to upskill youths and ensure their dignified livelihood opportunities by activating Apprenticeship Scheme in Uttar Pradesh. Our close collaboration with the state government has led to Apprenticeship opportunities for 50,000 youths in Uttar Pradesh.
Purpose of the Role
The Grant Writer will work with the Senior Management to prepare proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts and obtaining approvals. This role involves working with teams across RWF’s key focus areas. This role will report to the CEO.
Areas of responsibility
The list mentioned below provides more detailed descriptions of the role to be performed. It is not exhaustive but illustrates the scope of responsibilities and provides insight into other tasks that may be required or assigned as per need. The tasks/responsibilities are supported by existing critical employees who will report into the position holder. 1. Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings
2. Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal
3. On the lookout for potential funding application opportunities and maintain a database
4. Eye to detail and keen understanding of the development sector
5. Enters and monitors tracking data
6. Coordinates requirements with contributors and contributes proposal status information to review meetings
7. Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals
8. Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation
9. Writes, revises, and edits drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials
10. Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding and coordinating printing
11. Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases
12. Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers
13. Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate
14. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks
15. Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Media, or related field
• Minimum of 1-year experience in grant writing, prospect research, general fundraising or a minimum of 2 years comparable and transferable skills acquired in a professional setting
• Excellent written communication skills
• Top-shelf research skills
• Ability to understand the needs of both the agency in need of funding and the organization that is offering the grant money
• Great organizational skills
• Being able to understand and execute complex instructions
• Graphic design skills
• Technical documentation
• Layout skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills
• Ability to work independently and proactively, without support staff and with little supervision
• Strong planning and organizational skills, and an ability to be able to set priorities, plan timelines and meet deadlines
1. Entrepreneurial spirit and ‘get-it-done’ attitude
2. Operating style suited to working in a small organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued.
3. Excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
1. Strong alignment with RWF’s mission of driving Equity, Inclusion and Social Justice in building stronger education ecosystems in India
2. Results-focused with a strong sense of ownership
3. Enjoys working under pressure: flexible, highly organized and able to prioritize work to meet deadlines
4. Self-motivated and a good team player
5. Openness to listen, learn and contribute beyond the confines of this role Compensation Remuneration will be competitive and will depend upon the candidate’s experience level.
Plese apply on - https://forms.gle/LMVyFCdqqZWP22rf9
RWF is an equal opportunity employer with social inclusion as a key value. We do not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, caste, color, creed, religious beliefs, appearance, and socio-economic background and encourage diversity at the workplace.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd