Subscribe our Weekly Newsletter
Organization: World Economic Forum
Apply By: 13 Jun 2023
About the Organization
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Lead, Bioeconomy reports to the Head of the Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution and operate across multiple teams and geographies in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment. The Lead will also actively engage in building and maintaining productive relationships with independent C4IR Centres and their stakeholders. Establishing productive relationships externally and across the institution will be of utmost importance for succeeding in this role.
- Curate a comprehensive national community eco system, establish specific value proposition for each community stake holder group of the proposed project by establishing a road map to future state from current state with clear next steps and timelines.
- Conduct the landscape review, government and industry needs, define the high level outcomes and opportunities, project focus areas driven through Bio-economy. The opportunities envisaged under core domains should be in alignment with the related national policies and the SDGs.
- Analyse India and global emerging technology innovations eco system for Bio Economy to address the challenges and capture the potential opportunities.
- Facilitate informal dialogues and meetings to help build trust and coalesce stakeholders around common challenges
- Generate strategic insights and foundational frameworks for business leaders and policymakers to anticipate the impact of synthetic biology and agricultural, environmental, industrial, and medical biotechnology and shape their human centred and society-serving adoption
- Identify potential use cases and evolve prioritization approach considering factors alignment to SDGs, measurable and non-measurable benefits for the larger community, return on investments and affordability for user groups, technology feasibility, operations feasibility, time frame of implementation, potential risks
- Prototype, test and iterate- Pilot and sandbox projects w/ government and industry partners to test governance, evidence based learnings from pilots for scaling.
- Evidence based recommendations on framework and policy which can specifically be deployed by government and industry for scaled commercial deployment of use cases. Globally disseminate protocols and frameworks from successful pilots and support international adoption.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Masters (or higher) degree in public policy, management, and/or applied science, including medicine, bioengineering, bioinformatics, or computational biology.
- 10+ years of experience in private or public sector, including working or consulting on relevant topics related to synthetic biology and agricultural, environmental, industrial, or medical biotechnology.
- Deep knowledge of the relevant stakeholder ecosystem, including leading organizations, experts and decision makers in business, government and civil society.
- Direct experience leading projects on the governance and/or application of biotechnology
- Experience in crafting or shaping public policy (such as regulations, standards, guidelines or other policy tools), inside or with businesses, governments or international organizations
- Proven track record of relevant thought leadership, including published articles, presentations in international forums, and conference participations; ability to quickly develop a clear perspective on internal and external issues that have organizational impact.
- Experience in successfully driving medium to large-scale projects from design to delivery, building and motivating high-performing teams, working on and through international multistakeholder coalitions and alliances, and effectively pursuing opportunities for impact
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in English; proficiency in other languages is an asset.
- Proficient with recent digital platforms.
- Experience with grant writing a plus.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd