Lead Specialist - Knowledge Management
Organization: Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI)
Apply By: 30 Sep 2021
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI)
01 September 2021
New Delhi, India
Salary and benefits
INR 1.75 to 2.50 lakhs per month + 10% Transportation allowance
+ 10% Housing allowance,
(Salary and designation will be offered commensurate with
experience and qualifications)
Fixed Term Contract (3 years), extendable to another 3 years, Full- Time, National Hire
Infrastructure, Development, Disaster Risk Reduction, Knowledge Management
Last Date for Application
30 September 2021
The Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI) is a multi-stakeholder global partnership of national governments, UN agencies and programmes, multilateral development banks and financing mechanisms, the private sector, and academic and knowledge institutions. It aims to address the challenges of building resilience into infrastructure systems and development associated with it. The vision, mission, goal and objectives of the CDRI are explicitly linked to the post-2015 development agendas. The Coalition will also contribute to the resilience of the global infrastructure systems in an increasingly interconnected world. The outcome of such collaboration would be aimed at building resilient economies and resilient people through cross-sector commitments at all levels towards adaptation and resilience with concrete outcomes that will bring resilience action to global scale.
The CDRI will support countries to upgrade their systems for ensuring disaster and climate resilience of existing and future infrastructure. It seeks to rapidly expand the development of and retrofit resilient infrastructure to respond to the Sustainable Development Goals SDGs objectives of expanding universal access to basic services, enabling prosperity, and decent work. CDRI envisions enabling measurable reduction in infrastructure losses from disasters including extreme climate events.
The Government of India has established a Society in New Delhi to act as the Secretariat of CDRI. The Secretariat functions under the direction of the international Governing Council and implements the programs of CDRI. This position is being advertised for national hires in staff positions on Fixed Term Contract of three (3) years.
Objective of this position:
To initiate, design, and implement information and knowledge management activities and processes in support of all activities and themes of CDRI. Reporting to the Director (Research and Knowledge Management), CDRI, the incumbent will facilitate in developing repertoire knowledge products and publications and provide support for effective accomplishment of activities under the Strategic Priority 2: Research and Knowledge Management of CDRI.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Anchor the development of an information and knowledge management strategy in line with the aims of CDRI.
- Lead, coordinate, and/or contribute to knowledge capture and documentation of Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (DRI) insights, working with CDRI Members, and translate this knowledge capture into knowledge products and activities in support of member countries and organizations.
- Support the development of CDRI-focused tools and knowledge management products (e.g. case studies, country profiles, lessons learned, strategy papers, how-to-guide, toolkits) and provide oversight to consultants and partners in developing or distributing these knowledge products.
- Provide strategic, analytical, visualization, and written inputs into infrastructure and DRI knowledge management strategy development, drawing upon advisory insights, CDRI partnerships data, training content and other products that promote or support CDRI’s research, technical support and partnership activities worldwide
- Support communication team in engaging audiences, internal and external to the organisation to promote CDRI initiatives, collaboration, and learning.
- Collaborate with internal colleagues to integrate and incentivize KM practices into staff member’s day-to-day and key KM-related work.
- Put in place initiatives to gather and harness tacit knowledge anchored on CDRI’s operations both at the organizational level and with the countries.
- Initiate and develop innovative approaches, tools, metrics and strategies for stimulating effective knowledge sharing partnerships.
- Coordinate closely with government agencies, development partners, insurance companies and other relevant stakeholders concerning disaster resilient infrastructure activities and maintain up-to-date information on their activities and programmes.
- Attend and document meetings or consultations with external stakeholders as required.
- Contribute to CDRI’s active participation in the global communities of practice in KM.
- Ensure timely development of knowledge capture and sharing strategies, tools, platforms, taxonomy, ICT systems, and other elements of the KMS, for both explicit and tacit knowledge practices with the view of replicating good practices.
- Develop a framework and lead efforts to regularly measure and report the results of knowledge to demonstrate the value of knowledge.
- Support engagement and communication work plan to facilitate effective change management.
- Establish mechanisms for capturing knowledge on best practices and documenting lessons learned from the Coalition’s operations, and project life cycle to make them more effective and efficient.
- Lead timely reporting to the CDRI Members and other groups of stakeholders on the Secretariat’s KM work as required.
- Experience in creating institutional Knowledge Management strategies and systems.
- Knowledge of and experience in contemporary knowledge sharing platforms, including file sharing and collaboration platforms, that can serve multiple units within a decentralized organizational structure.
- Demonstrated success in leading, coordinating, and contributing to the timely delivery of quality and technically sound knowledge management products that promote effective technical performance and smooth implementation of institutional policies.
- Experience in drawing from multiple workstreams to create effective success stories, and in designing key KM metrics to enhance value of knowledge capture for the institution
- Experience in developing an institutional or programmatic learning agenda, and record of success in coaching teams through the process of becoming a more active ‘learning organization’.
- Record of ability to mentor and support a team through process of becoming a more effective “learning organization’.
- Experience of working in international organisations.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask, and ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated leadership, facilitation and coordination skills, ability to manage technical team.
- Proven ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
- Analytical and strategic planning skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- The ability to present information and concepts clearly, both verbally and on paper.
- Proven ability to draw inputs from multiple disciplines and synthesize them to address specific problems.
- Experience of drafting knowledge products such as books, articles, research papers, toolkits, guides, policy papers and notes, baseline studies and/or comparative studies.
- Familiarity with international frameworks like the SDGs and the Sendai Framework on Disaster Risk Reduction (SFDRR) and the Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
- Strong interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.
- Past track record/Ability to work independently, deliver timely and quality products; and
- Advanced computer proficiency.
- Experience in developing and implementing Knowledge Management strategies for large organizations in public or private sectors.
- Specific experience in the fields of sustainable development, disaster risk reduction and climate change.
Post-Graduate qualification in international affairs, public administration, public policy, disaster management, environmental/earth sciences, climate change etc., or a related field preferred. A first-level university degree in combination with four additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Minimum 10 years of overall experience with at least 4 years at the national or international level, including experience within the international development system on Knowledge Management. Familiarity with initiating and deploying knowledge management processes preferred. Minimum 3 years of experience as a staff or consultant in an international organization. Specific experience in knowledge management for disaster risk reduction will be given additional weightage.
The incumbent shall report to Director (Research and Knowledge Management).
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of language of a CDRI Partner country will be an asset.
How to Apply:
If you have experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution in a global initiative spearheaded by India, please apply through the online application form only on or before the last date.
Online application form will be available at https://cdri.world/career/career.php . CDRI is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with strict confidence. CDRI has ZERO Tolerance on sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment including sexual harassment and gender / racial discrimination. Any selection therefore will be subject to satisfactory reference and background check
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd