Apply By: 18 Dec 2022
Location: Lucknow(Uttar Pradesh)
Tanager is an international nonprofit that connects smallholder producers and private businesses to co-create new ways of realizing life-changing economic and social opportunity. Our process builds on years of technical expertise, on-the-ground presence and public/private partnerships to unite economic growth with social innovation. Together, we are ushering in an era of equitable market systems that combine profitability with the power to address urgent challenges in poverty, malnutrition, and gender inequity.
Tanager brings the right people to the table in India, from smallholder producers to major consumer brands and everyone along the supply chain, to improve the productivity and profitability of Indian farmers and strengthen sustainable supply chains. We combine technical expertise and business perspective to assess markets, analyze supply chains, and pilot new technologies and tools in collaboration with market leaders such as Mars Wrigley Confectionary, Walmart, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and the UNDP, and thought leaders such as the Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CIMAP), NABARD, and the Sustainable Food Lab. We help farmers to increase their incomes through the supply of quality production to higher value markets. We also solve complex agricultural problems to create value for farmers and other members of the supply chain.
Tanager is seeking experienced and talented professionals for the MEL Manager position, for it’s Shubh Mint II project. The position will be based in Lucknow, India and is expected to lead all Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activities for the project. The MEL Manager is a senior member of the project technical team. S/he will be responsible for overseeing all daily work and routine data collection related to monitoring, evaluation, and reporting activities of the project, as well as overseeing the formative research, impact assessments, and ongoing learning activities. The MEL Manager will lead the project MEL staff, which will develop and manage efficient systems that monitor progress and impact and capture, analyze, and share evidence-based results and lessons learned. S/he will ensure both the MEL system and results reporting to meet organizational and donor requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The main duties of the MEL Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic leadership and operational management of the various MEL components of the project and ensure the completion of all MEL activities;
- Oversee other MEL Specialist(s) and/or MIS Specialist assigned to the project;
- Develop and implement an MEL strategy (i.e. MEL Manual) outlining systems and tools for data collection, targeting and tracking project indicators, knowledge management, impact assessments, learning activities and reporting in compliance with organizational and donor requirements;
- Work closely with the India Portfolio MEL Manager and other technical units throughout the organization to establish and manage a GIS referencing, cloud-based MEL System and ensure data requirements are integrated into project management processes.
- Ensure appropriate training and supportive supervision of all partners in monitoring and evaluation procedures, data collection tools, and data management practices in alignment with the MEL Plan.
- Plan and conduct routine assessments that track, analyze, and synthesize project data useful for program learning and adaptive management;
- Oversee regular review of monitoring data, organize and lead periodic learning sessions and annual strategic project reviews to enable managers to identify successes and make decisions about adapting activities and approaches to achieve results.
- Collaborate closely with other technical units to analyze MEL findings, determine any needed adjustments, and identify and disseminate key learning messages/finding to internal and external audiences, including the Government of India and wider development community;
- Engage with senior technical staff on project impact data collection and research opportunities;
- Utilize critical inputs, feedback, and assessments from external evaluation partners to inform changes in program approaches and scale-up when necessary;
- Ensure compliance with all organizational and donor reporting requirements, and, if/where applicable, host country government reporting requirements;
- Complete other duties as necessary and assigned by the Project Manager;
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree required in relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience in a relevant competency area, including statistics, international development, economics or other;
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience working on the monitoring and evaluation team for donor funded projects; survey firms etc. Experience with other international NGO in a similar position will be preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience developing monitoring and evaluation systems;
- Demonstrated experience developing compelling dashboards and analytical reports to communicate project results and guide adaptive project management;
- Ability to write concise and clear reports;
- Strong communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, willingness to innovate and ability to think systematically;
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with wide range of stakeholders both verbally and in writing;
- Proven experience in managing multiple and competing tasks while maintaining quality of deliverables within deadlines;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hindi is a must. Knowledge of other widely spoken languages in the country is an added advantage Telugu/Odia required;
- Ability to travel within the country, as necessary.
- Must be an Indian citizen;
Please submit a resume to IndiaRecruitment@tanagerintl.org no later than December 18, 2022. Please include the position title in the subject line. The resume and related application documents shall be provided as a single attachment and list long-term employment history and any relevant short-term consulting work. Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Tanager is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd