Manager- Monitoring and Evaluation
Organization: Evidence Action
Apply By: 08 Dec 2021
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
Manager- Monitoring and Evaluation, Evidence Action, New Delhi
1. POSITION VACANT: Manager- Monitoring and Evaluation, Evidence Action, New Delhi
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
Founded in 2013, Evidence Action is a global, non-profit organization operating in seven countries in Africa and Asia, that aims to be a world leader in scaling evidence-based and cost-effective programs, to reduce the burden of poverty for hundreds of millions of people living in the poorest places on earth.
“Deworm the World Initiative” and “Dispensers for Safe Water” are the two flagship programmes of Evidence Action. Last year Deworm the World reached 280 million people with deworming medications, partnering with governments to launch, scale, and sustain mass school-based deworming programs. Meanwhile, Dispensers for Safe Water provided four million people across rural Africa with clean water, saving thousands of young lives. The approach relies on an innovative and human-centric design to deliver clean water at source.
In addition to running these scaled programs, Evidence Action leverages its unique “Accelerator” to develop the next generation of programs. These programs are rigorously tested to ensure exceptional scale, cost-effectiveness, and clear evidence of impact.
In 2019, Evidence Action launched an ambitious new strategy, with the goal of doubling impact over the next five years, with much of that impact coming from new programs identified and scaled through the Accelerator.
In India, Evidence Action’s technical service provider EAII Advisors Private Limited, provides technical assistance to national and selected state governments’ Ministries of Health, Education, and Women and Child Development, to implement the school and anganwadi based National Deworming Day (NDD) and Iron and Folic Acid (IFA) supplementation programs, to improve children’s health, education, and long-term development.
For more information, please visit https://www.evidenceaction.org/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation- Deworming and working in close coordination with other departments and team members, the Manager- M&E shall be a member of Evidence Action’s MLE India team supporting a range of organizational learning and development efforts, including advancing the organization’s monitoring and evaluation and research work to inform program strategy.
The Manager M&E’s role shall be key for increasing the organization’s emphasis on and capacity for monitoring, learning, evaluation and research.
The Manager M&E will lead M&E activities relating to the NDD program and extend need-based support to the IFA supplementation program. The incumbent will take the lead in developing concept notes, protocols, training manuals, SoWs, planning, implementation and management of data collection, including epidemiological data, higher level of analytics, and developing interpretation in an easy manner, to strengthen the program.
The Manager M&E will also support other need-based activities under the MLE functions. As for all staff, the Manager M&E must possess a sense of collaboration and mutual understanding and a willingness to assist colleagues.
Key Job Responsibilities:
A. Technical Delivery:
- Lead the development of MLE strategy, framework, key program performance indicators, plan and budgeting for the NDD program, in consultation with the MLE and program teams;
- Lead implementation of NDD MLE activities and other domains catering to organization priorities;
- Lead the design of research protocols, survey instruments and techniques and their administration, monitoring and quality control;
- Ensure ethical clearance of various surveys conducted for program monitoring and evaluation;
- Identify effective methodology for quantitative and qualitative data collection, management, robust analysis, data visualization and disseminate findings and recommendations to intended audiences, using user-friendly methods;
- Ensuring all training related to independent monitoring of the NDD program is successfully carried out in states, in coordination with the state and national teams and partners;
- Bring about consistency and robust data management processes across different state programs;
- Review scientific papers and manage databases of research and evidence around deworming and other relevant issues for sharing with stakeholders;
- Stay current on technical knowledge, including WHO and national guidelines for helminth control and latest research and publications; Share latest developments with others team/s;
- Ensure documentation of programmatic learnings with the support of the program and technical teams, as well as the preparation of reports for discussion and decision making on program improvements;
- Identify and recommend new areas for research, and operations research, in consultation with the MLE and program teams;
- Undertake the preparation of reports, articles and other research material and ensure the publication of research in peer-reviewed journals;
- Support the leadership team as per the needs and requirements of the team;
- Support MLE-related activities of other programs/ initiatives of the organization, as and when required.
B. Program Management:
- Work closely with national and state-based teams to ensure MLE plays an integral role in program implementation, leading to enhanced quality and impact;
- Support the development and management of partnerships, developing ToRs, contracts and agreements for conducting research and survey activities;
- Provide support for identifying vendors/ survey agencies for monitoring and evaluation related data collection;
- Coordinate with states and partners for appropriate planning and implementation of research and surveys, evaluation tools and plans as recommended;
- Schedule check-in dialogues with various team members, liaise and communicate with external stakeholders for data-driven decision making for program improvement;
- Respond to donors, partners and management in an accurate and timely manner;
- Support the team in the development of technological platforms for the organization;
- Attend meetings with donors, and national level partners, including the Government of India and other technical agencies. Represent the organization in meetings, conferences and other events;
- Undertake travel, at least 30% of the time, as assigned.
C. Personnel and Team Management:
- Identify human resource needs of the team and support the HR team in recruiting staff and consultants as necessary;
- Identify MLE related learning and training opportunities for staff;
- Mentor and coach MLE team members, through timely and quality inputs, supervision and support for enhanced team performance.
D. Organizational Culture:
- Uphold the values of Evidence Action;
- Actively contribute to making an equitable workplace through inclusive practices and openness to different perspectives, cultures and ideas;
- Maintain behavior and conduct that uphold the highest standards of professional and personal safeguarding.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Applicants must have an advanced degree in statistics/ biostatistics/ population studies/ economics/ public health, or related field.
- Applicants must possess seven years of experience in monitoring and evaluation with a reputed organization, of which at least three must be in a managerial role;
- Experience in handling large scale datasets, with a strong command of quantitative software like Stata or SPSS, is essential;
- Experience in survey design methodologies with strong sampling skills, is essential;
- Prior experience of working in mobile or CAPI based survey is highly desirable;
- Strong analytical skills and expertise in MS-Excel is essential;
- Knowledge and experience of using qualitative software like Nvivo or Atlasti is desirable;
- Experience in selecting and managing agencies for various MLE activities is required;
- Strong documentation skills and experience in writing reports, articles, papers and other research materials are essential;
- Experience in working with senior-level government partners is desirable, along with project management experience of working with state governments to implement large projects.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong project management skills and prior experience in completing projects on tight deadlines;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work in teams, in a result-oriented and culturally diverse environment;
- Highly motivated to achieve exceptional quality in MLE processes, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Willingness to travel as and when required, and often on short notice;
- Excellent team player with the ability to work independently and in collaboration with colleagues at all levels across departments and external stakeholders;
- Strong interest in social programs and the desire to be a part of a young and diverse team;
- Leadership: Proven supervisory ability and/or technical leadership. Ability to maintain effective working relations as a team member and manager;
- Teamwork Skills: Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations with people in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Organizing and Quality Orientation: Ability to manage, organize, plan and implement work assignments, juggle competing demands and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines;
- Decision Making: Demonstrated ability to apply good judgment and decision-making skills. Willingness to raise challenges to management as needed and proactively work toward solutions;
- Communication Skills: Strong spoken and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization;
- Creativity and Innovation: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to handle a range of management and coordination issues;
- Ability to Learn: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments;
- Change Orientation: Understand the role of technology and business processes and constantly strive to better utilize these for achieving organizational goals;
- Lives and Breathes Evidence Action’s Values: Take ownership for all responsibilities and honor commitments.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation for the position is attractive. Please note that the offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and salary history.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi
7. REFERENCE: MME-EA
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
9. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to apply using the link https://recruitment.samshrm.com/jobs/EA, by or before December 8, 2021.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd