Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Intern
Apply By: 25 Apr 2021
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Intern
Seefar is searching for a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Intern.
The purpose of the role is to support the data collection and reporting activities of the project’s Mumbai-based center that delivers programming to survivors of commercial sexual exploitation (CSE). It is anticipated that this role will average 5 days of work per month over the term of the contract according to a schedule agreed to in advance with your supervisor. Each day of work will require local travel to project implementation sites in Mumbai.
The MEL Intern will require to participate in an induction which will be held remotely prior to start working. The selected candidate will deliver the following services:
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit http://seefar.org/about-us
We are looking for someone with:
1. A bachelor's degree in any field, preferably social sciences/work.
2. Experience in collecting qualitative and quantitative data from marginalized and/or high-risk populations.
3. Fluent/Superior verbal and written skills in Hindi, Bengali and English
4. Strong interviewing skills, including the ability to navigate quantitative and/or qualitative tools.
5. Ability to navigate data collection tools on electronic devices.
6. Access to your own laptop and phone and strong internet connection to be used for data collection.
7. Effective prioritisation and organisational skills, with an ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision and attention to detail.Responsibilities
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
Deliver: Project and Mission Implementation
1. Working with the MEL & CFM Officer to collect quantitative and qualitative data for the project as per pre-determined schedule of collection. Though most data collection will take place in-person, at the project’s offices in XXX neighbourhood, some data may be collected over the phone as well.
2. Support the Project Coordinator with Data Entry tasks, as per pre-determined schedule.
3. Other project-related M&E and administrative tasks, as required and instructed by the MEL & CFM Officer.
Schedule of Payments
1. You will receive a daily fee of INR 800, which will include all communication and travel costs. Workloads are subject to change month to month depending on the needs of the Enterprise. This amount is an all-in fee, which means that you will pay allowances, insurance, or benefits out of this fee. Fees will be processed in arrears, on the Monday following the submission of an approved timesheet and invoice. Payments can take up to 8 days to be reflected in the beneficiary’s account.
2. Monthly workload will not exceed 5 working days. A working day will typically start at 10:00 AM and end at 6:00 PM, as determined in advance by your supervisor. Anything above 5 working days per month will be agreed in advance with your supervisor.
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
1. The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
2. You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
3. There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
4. The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
5. Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
6. You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
1. Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
2. Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
3. Travel schedules can sometimes be heavy.
4. A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
To Apply for this Role
On or before 25 April, 2021, send an email with your CV and introductory letter to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the recruitment process may end sooner than this, should suitable candidates be found prior to the submission deadline.
Before you start, you should do the following:
1. Confirm you meet these minimum requirements:
- a. Experience in data collection in the context of social development.
- b. Based in Mumbai.
- c. A bachelor’s degree as a minimum
- d. Fluent/Superior verbal and writing skills in hindi and Bengali
- e. Preferably have thematic experience in one or more of the themes Seefar focuses on
2. Prepare a CV in Word or PDF format. You will email this to the aforementioned address. Please ensure that the submitted CV contains a phone number and an email address for further communication.
3. In Word or PDF format, prepare an introductory letter that includes you and your research/data collection experience. The letter should not exceed 250 words.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd