Program Officer, Surveillance
Apply By: 15 Apr 2021
Location: (Mizoram) (Arunachal Pradesh) (Manipur)
About the Organization:
Jhpiego is a nonprofit global health leader and Johns Hopkins University affiliate that is saving lives, improving health and transforming futures. They partner with governments, health experts and local communities to build the skills and systems that guarantee a healthier future for women and families. Jhpiego translates the best science and practice into moments of care that can mean the difference between life and death for women and families. In India, Jhpiego works across various states in close collaboration with national and state governments, providing technical assistance in the areas of family planning, maternal and child health, strengthening human resources for health, and non-communicable diseases.
Position: Program Officer, Surveillance
- Support the coordination efforts between country office and the State IDSP teams in strengthening the existing disease surveillance program and preparing the state for implementation of IHIP.
- Provide technical assistance to government stakeholders to develop, evaluate and/or update surveillance systems, epidemiologic and surveillance methods.
- To conduct landscaping and gap identification of the existing disease surveillance system in the state and develop strategies for implementing IHIP.
- Develop operational guidelines, tools, checklists and the other necessary resource materials for training and capacity building of health workers on IDSP/IHIP in the state.
- Prepare training calendars and plans for roll out of IHIP trainings in the state for health workers.
- Plan, facilitate and supervise the trainings of the State/District Surveillance officers and Epidemiologists.
- Act as a key technical resource person to build capacity of the project staff and the state for IHIP roll out.
- Agree with the state on identification and piloting of IHIP in a few intervention districts.
- Organize and monitor timely collection, compilation and analysis of surveillance data from all the districts and take appropriate action and give feedback to the concerned reporting units / Districts.
- Initiate and guide outbreak investigations promptly following the Standard Operating procedures.
- Work with Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) team at national and state level to establish systems for tracking progress, indicators and deliverables according to agreed work-plans to ensure state and donor requirements are met
- Provide quantitative inputs into evidence-based planning of intervention deployment, and design and implement monitoring and evaluation activities to measure impact
- Coordinate regular meetings of key strategic stakeholders, lab partners, field epidemiologists, training partners and potential vertical program collaborations and assist in inter-sectoral coordination for effective IHIP implementation.
- Support TB component strengthening under the project in close coordination with the STL MP and the state nodal officer, Tuberculosis.
- Perform other duties as required in the interest of the program and any other work/activity assigned from time to time.
- Support country office team for any other advocacy support related to larger mandates of strengthening comprehensive primary health care services in the state.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Hindi. Knowledge of the regional languages would be an added advantage.
- Direct experience of independently liaising with government health functionaries, district level administrators and other development partners.
- Proficiency in writing technical and programmatic documents such as operational guidelines, assessment reports, training materials, program reports etc.
- Technically proficient with up to date skills required for the assigned task.
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines.
- Microsoft Office computer skills, proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of his/her time.
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience:
- MBBS/BDS/BAMS with an essential post-graduate training in public health (MPH/DPH/ Post graduate diploma in health management)
- 1-2 years professional experience in public health, including field experience in strengthening disease surveillance, COVID-19 or any other similar outbreak management
- Technical knowledge and understanding of public health surveillance and outbreak-prone diseases
- Experience of supporting large scale project implementation especially in close coordination with the state and district government counterparts
- Familiarity with the Indian health system, Ayushman Bharat program, newer initiatives in disease surveillance (IDSP, IHIP, NTEP) and other relevant government policies/strategies
- Familiarity with data management, data analysis, and data visualizations along with good report writing skills in English
- Candidates having previous experience of working with State IDSP cells, State NHM or State Directorates of Health & Family Welfare will be preferred
- Strong communication, and networking skills along with an ability to create productive working relationships with key stakeholders like government, other technical and development partners
Jhpiego offers highly dynamic and enabling work environment and provides competitive compensation based on experience and background. Interested candidates should submit their application with a covering note to email@example.com
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd