Subscribe our Weekly Newsletter
Regional (APAC) Sustainability Manager
Apply By: 05 Apr 2023
About the Organization
At Citi, we get to connect millions of people across hundreds of cities and countries every day. And we've been doing it for more than 200 years.
We do this through our unparalleled global network. We provide a broad range of financial services and products to our clients – whether they be consumers, corporations, governments or institutions – to help them meet their biggest opportunities and face the world's toughest challenges.
The APAC Regional Head of Sustainability provides subject matter expertise and strategic guidance on sustainability, resource management, energy use, greenhouse gas emissions management and Wellness for CRS operations in region. The Regional Head of Sustainability is part of a global sustainability team that works in partnership with Design & Construction, Facilities Management and Asset Management teams to ensure achievement of Citi’s Operational Footprint Goals (Water, Waste, 100% Renewable Electricity, Energy and Emissions Reduction Targets, Net Zero by 2030). Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within design & construction, operations & maintenance, energy and resource management, certifications, reporting, regulations and GHG accounting. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Excellent communication skills required to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Supports external communication required by Citi’s public disclosures through Citi’s Chief of Sustainability Office. Key team member supporting CRS in short- to medium-term planning of initiatives and programs for the CRS Sustainability Function.
- Drives sustainable strategies programs and strategies in APAC
- Delivers CRS’s Sustainability Goals and supports Citi’s wider ESG and Net Zero goals
- Establishes and implements technical standards and guidelines to optimize performance and establish a continuous improvement approach to energy performance and management.
- Supports individual buildings projects with subject matter expertise
- Integrates key strategic initiatives with specific business plans to achieve near-term and longer-term objectives.
- Contributes to annual reporting processes for ESG, TCFD, CDP and other disclosures
- Coordinates sustainability initiatives with the Facilities Management and Design & Construction teams
- Works with vendors to implement sustainability strategies
- Develops regionally specific goals and KPIs and contributes to global goals development
- Tracks and monitors sustainability performance across EMEA’s portfolio
- Keeps up to date and proactively responds to sustainability and climate regulatory requirements across the region
- Report and presents on sustainability initiatives to CRS leadership and other Citi teams
- Supervises and mentors junior staff
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Significant experience in realty services/A&E industry focusing on sustainability
- Experience working in or with large global corporate organizations driving sustainability initiatives
- Track record of implementing sustainability certifications including LEED, WELL and Net Zero frameworks
- Up to date knowledge of sustainability regulations and trends
- Experience with ESG and reporting frameworks
- Implementation of energy efficiency, renewable energy and sustainability technologies
- Data analysis and management of large sustainability datasets including due diligence for annual reporting
- Deep understanding of energy performance and practical experience translating technical plans into actionable investment plans and project execution
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on MS Excel
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Demonstrated leadership and adaptability skills; a proven ability to lead teams through the unique challenges encountered on each project while successfully achieving key goals and objectives.
- A skilled communicator with experience influencing and shaping the image of a complex Division / Business Unit
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Proven influencing and relationship management skills
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor’s/University degree in Sustainability, Engineering, design or related technical degree
- Membership of a Sustainability/Environmental professional association beneficial
- Energy Management certification/license beneficial
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd