Organization: India HIV/AIDS Alliance
Apply By: 05 Oct 2022
Location: (Chandigarh) (Punjab)
About the Organization
India HIV/AIDS Alliance (Alliance India) is a diverse partnership that brings together committed organisations and communities to support sustained responses to HIV in India. Complementing the Indian national programme, we work through capacity building, knowledge sharing, technical support and advocacy. Through our network of partners, we support the delivery of effective, innovative, community-based HIV programmes to key populations affected by the epidemic.
Alliance India works through NGO and CBO partners to support efforts that have a sustainable impact on HIV. We place communities at the center and work to ensure that vulnerable and marginalised people are meaningfully involved in all aspects of our response, including sex workers, men who have sex with men, people who inject drugs, transgender individuals, and people living with HIV. Our programming and policy efforts are driven by evidence of what works; quality and accountability are core priorities in our interventions, technical support and grant management.
Alliance India is implementing a national level Care & Support programme named as Vihaan with funding from GFATM since 2013. The State Coordinator will be responsible for the overall management of the programme implementation at their designated state by supporting the national programme to enhance private sector involvement in ART treatment and also work closely with priority ART centres for building their capacity.
Private Sector Engagement:
- Lead the coordination of Private Sector Engagement related activities at the State with SACS and Private Sector Practitioners and link them with the Government health systems.
- Organise state/regional level coordination meetings with SACS and Private sector practitioners providing services to PLHIV.
- Facilitate coordination with professional bodies like IMA, IAP, FOGSI and SACS at the state and district level
- Coordinate with SACS CST division for the training of private practitioners, PPP medical college on ARTguidelines, recording and reporting
Capacity Building ART Centres
- Undertake regular assessment of prioritised ART centres as scored by predefined NACO criteria.
- Lead in developing state-level capacity-building plans for the centres, private practitioners, and medical colleges.
- Coordinate with NACO /SACS in all issues related to improving the performance of prioritised ART centres.
- Provide technical handholding to staff of prioritised ART centre, prepare timeline-based improvement plan and analysis on the performance of each ART centre on regular basis.
- Ensure retention in HIV care & adherence to the highest standards of quality and excellence in patient care and follow good clinical practices by helping in improving the ART- CSC coordination mechanism.
- Facilitate training of PPP ART centres for training on recording reporting and follow-up through an effectivehandholding process to build the capacity.
- Uphold the mission/vision and values of Alliance India and work within its equal opportunities framework, demonstrating the behaviours and competencies appropriate for the position
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- The ideal candidate should have a university degree in Medicine / any other clinical discipline/ preventiveand social medicine/ Community Medicine
- Candidates with Masters’ degree in social sciences, health, or development field (or equivalent) with goodworking experience in the HIV/AIDS Sector will also be considered.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in the HIV/AIDS sector
- Demonstrated experience in working with Government institutions like SACS, IMA, IAP, FOGSI, ART Centres, etc.
- Good understanding of programme conceptualisation and management
- Experience working in private sector engagement-related programmes at the State level.
- Expertise in providing capacity building and handholding support to institutions at the grassroots level Good understanding of legal and ethical issues around HIV is also essential.
- Fluency in English and Telugu language is essential. Knowledge of Hindi will be an added advantage.
- Ability and willingness to undertake travel approximately 50% of time primarily within the assigned State(s).
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd