Water Mentor (Program)
Organization: Maharashtra Village Social Transformation Foundation
Apply By: 22 Oct 2020
About the Organization:
Maharashtra Village Social Transformation Foundation (MVSTF) is a Government of Maharashtra’s initiative to encourage private sectors participation to achieve sustainable development Goals in Maharashtra. MVSTF is implementing 1000 villages program across 25 districts of Maharashtra and program outcomes are prenominal and noted by across various development agencies. The ethos of social transformation program is localization of development goals at gram panchayat level and fostering partnerships to achieve it.
Position: Water Mentor (Program)
VSTF in partnership STL, intends to implement the program “Strengthening Community Institutions to Ensure Village Water Safety and Security”. The proposed program intends to empower community based institutions particularly by improved participation of women and girls through formation and strengthening Water Users Associations/groups, i.e. Village water, sanitation, health and nutrition Committees; to raise awareness, build local capacities, and improve increased water-use efficiency to ensure Village Water Safety and Security across all sectors. Water secure villages are important as a community preparedness against COVID-19 and ensure villages are WASH Compliant. VSTF intends to appoint Water Mentor for the implementation of the program in Aurangabad District purely on contractual basis.
- Develop training curriculum to Strengthen women-led community institutions (self- help groups, farmer producer groups, water users’ groups) on protecting and restoring water-related ecosystems.
- Develop training Curriculum for Block Coordinators, Jaldoost and program stakeholder on capacity building of local institutions, water conservation and rain-water harvesting, Reuse of waste water, watershed development, intensive afforestation.
- Preparing water budgets for the program villages (10)
- Develop awareness programs and events on improve water literacy among the rural communities focusing capacity building of local institutions, water conservation and rain-water harvesting, Reuse of waste water, watershed development, intensive afforestation.
- Field visits and conduct detailed studies on traditional water bodies that can be restored and suggest possible solutions.
- Preparing plan for improving Ground water table by suggesting various innovative ground water recharge techniques to sources sustainability, Improving water quality, promote rooftop rainwater harvesting structures
- Prepare document on government schemes that could be effectively converged to develop and implement integrated watershed/water resources Development/ management plans(Village Water safety and security action Plans-Jal Jeevan Mission, IWMP, Soil and water conservation interventions)
- Prepare working guidelines/manual on Improving water-use efficiency for and across sectors and promote sustainable withdrawals and supply of freshwater for domestic and productive economic activities (agriculture, irrigation, animal husbandry, health, environment and biodiversity, livelihood and skilling, community infrastructure)
- Undertake field visits to program sites as and when required.
- Undertake various studies to develop baseline survey, mid-term and evaluation survey, formats for concurrent monitoring and documenting program impact
Required Skills and Experience
- Ph.D. in Geology with 20-25 years of experience working in rural Maharashtra.
- 10 - 15 years of experience working in the area of expertise under which geology, ground water management, Aquifer management, water budgeting. etc.
- Experience in working with government institutions is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people from different backgrounds to deliver quality products within a short timeframe
- Demonstrates flexibility in the event adjustments are required based on the findings, both at the organizational and technical levels, for successful implementation of the assignment
Language requirement: Fluency in Marathi and English.
Remuneration package: up to Rs. 1,00,000/- per month
Duty location: Home based/Visit to VSTF Mumbai office, and project site.
All applications with the prescribed format and relevant experience should email to email@example.com
Please check the Format for Submission of CV here
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd