Director - Namma18 Pincode Project, Catalyse
Apply By: 13 Jun 2023
Location: Chennai(Tamil Nadu)
About the Organization
Bhumi was founded on August 15, 2006 by a group of friends, who believed that every underprivileged child deserves quality education. Since then, Bhumi has transformed this conviction into a volunteering opportunity for India’s youth, launching a snowball effect of nurturing talent on the path to an educated, poverty-free India.
To help build a more influential, equal and socially conscious society.
To drive social change by fostering an environment where young adults and children learn, lead, and thrive
About The Pincode Project:
Namma18 is a unique action research project in Chennai 600018. The idea is to create a hyperlocal model of volunteering that will reach out to the entire local population within the pincode with thousands of opportunities to volunteer in social and civic activities over a year. The goal is to provide options across multiple causes, types of volunteering work, timings and days of the week combinations in a variety of volunteering activities throughout the year, directly and through community-based organisations.
The project promises to be a revolutionary one for the volunteering ecosystem in India with massive scope for scaling and replicability across the country.
Bhumi is seeking to hire a dynamic Project Leader to strategize and implement the project. S/he will be instrumental in building the pilot initiative over the next 1-1.5 years, including all aspects of project planning, management, and execution required to make this happen. A successful leader should be able to manage the project, partnerships and raise the required support for the project.
- Strategize and execute the project to maximise volunteering within the pincode of Chennai 600018
- Lead the efforts to identify and create a large number of volunteering opportunities (approx. 100,000 within the pin code) - across cause area, time availability, skills needed, and accessibility - by engaging local organizations, civic groups, public institutions (schools, hospitals, police & fire station, etc).
- Support marketing communications in promoting these volunteering opportunities by using a variety of media aiming for high volunteer conversion, completion, and retention rates.
- Lead partnerships and managing relationships with all stakeholder groups including community-based organisations, the government and funding organisations. Ensure the necessary funds and support for the project is raised,
- Ensuring volunteer pipelines across the pin code to source volunteers - school and college students, working professionals, homemakers, senior citizens, etc.
- Manage and motivate a team of 3-5 full-time team members and oversee coordination with more than 50 volunteer leaders within the pin code.
- Creating a detailed, overall plan for the opportunity, organizational, and volunteer mapping across the pin code.
- Responsible for building and documenting all processes, learning, and insights from the project. Create an open-source blueprint for the project to be replicated it in any other location.
- Attend key meetings with important stakeholders across the pin code.
Why is it a great role/what’s in it for you?
- Great program and people management experience at a large scale.
- Engage with various stakeholders - citizens, bureaucrats, entrepreneurs, non-profit founders, policymakers, RWAs, etc.
- Use your skills to catalyse significant social impact through volunteers.
- Tremendous learning and growth opportunities - not only through the networks you build in the role, but hands-on learning working with the sharpest minds.
- Chance to build a revolutionary model for large-scale volunteering and civic engagement in India with scope for replicability and scaling up!
- Work in a dynamic, mission-driven work environment that thrives on being outcome-driven and is committed to large-scale social impact.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5-7 years of prior experience preferably in Project management
- Experience of running a start-up would be an advantage
- Fundraising experience would be an advantage
- Prior volunteering experience is mandatory.
- Any graduate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Passionate about volunteering and promoting volunteerism
- Should be resident of Chennai pincode 600018, or willing to relocate
- Good computer knowledge and MS office skills. Familiarity with using the Internet - doing online research, compiling and putting things together, Google Docs, Social Media, etc.
- Strong conceptual, planning, operational and analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal and persuasive skills to engage a wide variety of stakeholders - citizens, bureaucrats, entrepreneurs, non-profit founders, policymakers, etc.
- Ability to manage and implement programs and “get results” as the core focus
- Very responsive - quick to get back to people, always available.
- Fluent in English and Tamil communication (written & spoken).
- Reliable& Dependable - punctual, good at meeting deadlines, and taking ownership of the project and its outcomes.
- Reporting to: Co-founder, Bhumi
- Designation: Director – Senior Manager, based on the candidate’s profile
- Expected joining date: Immediate
- Remuneration: Based on the candidate’s profile
- Minimum commitment: 2 years
- Scope: Full-time, be willing to work on ALL the weekends - this project is likely to have greater engagement over the weekends (since that is when a large number of people will volunteer, meetings will get set up, etc). You will, however, have a weekly off.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd