Lead, Climate Technology
Organization: World Economic Forum
Apply By: 13 Jun 2023
About the Organization
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Lead will work with the Centre Head in India and will take regular guidance from Head of Climate Technologies at the World Economic Forum to define and progress the Projects. The Lead will collaborate across other thematic leads in India and C4IR network. The Lead is an individual contributor role however will get an opportunity to lead and work closely with fellows from industry partners, Government, interns and experts working with Centre full time/ part time in virtual environment for the projects outcomes.
- Curate a comprehensive national community eco system, establish specific value proposition for each community stake holder group of the proposed project by establishing a road map to future state from current state with clear next steps and timelines.
- Conduct the landscape review, government and industry needs, define the high level outcomes and opportunities, project focus areas driven through Climate technologies. The opportunities envisaged under core domains should be in alignment with the related national policies and the SDGs.
- Analyse India and global emerging technology innovations eco system for Climate technologies to address the challenges and capture the potential opportunities.
- Facilitate informal dialogues and meetings to help build trust and coalesce stakeholders around common challenges.
- Curate insight products shedding light on emerging trends and challenges, benchmarking progress.
- Identify potential use cases and evolve prioritization approach considering factors alignment to SDGs, measurable and non-measurable benefits for the larger community, return on investments and affordability for user groups, technology feasibility, operations feasibility, time frame of implementation, potential risks.
- Prototype, test and iterate- Pilot and sandbox projects w/ government and industry partners to test governance, evidence based learnings from pilots for scaling.
- Evidence based recommendations on framework and policy which can specifically be deployed by government and industry for scaled commercial deployment of use cases. Globally disseminate protocols and frameworks from successful pilots and support international adoption.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Masters (or higher) degree in public policy, management, and/or applied science, Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in private or public sector, including working or consulting on relevant topics related to climate technologies.
- Deep knowledge of the relevant stakeholder ecosystem, including leading organizations, experts and decision makers in business, government and civil society.
- Direct experience leading projects on the governance and/or application of biotechnology
- Experience in crafting or shaping public policy (such as regulations, standards, guidelines or other policy tools), inside or with businesses, governments or international organizations
- Proven track record of relevant thought leadership, including published articles, presentations in international forums, and conference participations; ability to quickly develop a clear perspective on internal and external issues that have organizational impact.
- Experience in successfully driving medium to large-scale projects from design to delivery, building and motivating high-performing teams, working on and through international multistakeholder coalitions and alliances, and effectively pursuing opportunities for impact
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in English; proficiency in other languages is an asset.
- Proficient with recent digital platforms.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd